User Tag List

Thread: Volvo S60 Polstar - any reason I shouldnt?

Default Volvo S60 Polstar - any reason I shouldnt?

Going for a test drive next week but I just know I will love it. I have looked longingly at the reviews for several years now and am closer to actually doing something.

Yes I know they are expensive, current pricing is ~$109,000 but I have an offer on a demo model for ~$82,000 and what ever else I can negotiate. This will fit into my company car allowance, just, so I can do it financially.

Yes I know they are not manual but flappy paddles might be fun?

Everything else is a big plus and I cannot find a fault on paper. Also looks like the updated 2015 model is even better than last years model so that's a win. Without a new 6MPS to move up to I have nowhere else to go so .......
    Cheers,

Scienceman

(rerum novarum cupidus - remain unbiased and curious)

I sure as hell would if I could afford it

Yes!

Although, for that money, I'd also consider the rs3 (end of year) and a45

S3 is fantastic value and APR stage 2 takes it to 400hp with upgraded brakes and springs.

Id probably go the S3 - but the S60 is also a good thing!

I love the A45 AMGs

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

109,000 it is expensive for $82,000 probably ok.

Before you sign the papers go and look at the S3 to compare. The major benefit to me of the S3 is that it can be had in Manual and depending on options you should be able to get one about $10,000 cheaper than the Volvo (@82,000) but downside you would have to wait for a manual (at least with the sedan).

Test drive done - I'm sold, I want one. The only sticking point is that I needed an OK figure on my 05 6MPS to bring the change over price within the range of my car allowance when using finance. They checked with a few dealers and could only get ~$5K for the MPS - Bugger. So, I'll see what I can get via carsales etc. Might even try shopping around some dealers myself. I really need to find an enthusiast who appreciates a well modded performance car and will offer ~$10K - but dont think this is going to happen! The good thing is that time is on my side. It's not too likely they will sell it quickly as this is a really niche market, quite a few dealers have one on their lot
    and with the end of 2015 approaching they wont want last years model into 2016 so may be more willing to negotiate on price. Lets see what happens.
    Last edited by Scienceman; 04-08-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    Cheers,

Scienceman

9. Default

I love that blue!

Well I did it! Deposit placed, finance almost done and pick up in a few days I'm ashamed to look at my 6MPS and feel I have betrayed her

Final price was $79,000, done 1000kms and has 2 years 9 months warranty outstanding. I did a lot more research into Audi's, Merc's and BMW's and in the end I really liked:
    - the fact that these are rare. I have never seen one on the roads so I will feel really special.
    - need the AWD
    - for the $ there is a lot more tech included than other cars offered. No options, just one model with everything on it.
    - I really wanted to go up in engine size rather than down. I may never get to a V8 but a 3.0L 6 still sounds pretty good.
    - Should be REALLY well made and will last. I am counting on Volvo's history of conservativeness and pride.
    - I love the styling and the colour should grow on me

In reality I think my 6MPS is quicker (sensible mods + Ecutek tune gave me a 30% increase in kW and 40% increase in torque) but this is a luxury car in comparison and I haven't driven with as much "spirit" over the past 5 years.

No trade in as the amount the offered was so low so I'll be putting her on the open market but naturally offering to OZMPSCLUB first at a discounted price just in case a kindred sole is interested.
    Cheers,

Scienceman

Nice. Congrats on the new car. I've heard good things about them.