User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Exhaust for my MPS 3?

Default Which Exhaust for my MPS 3?

Ok guys,

Now it's time for kick off and to help MPS owners who wish to upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust system.

This is a sound clip of my car with a CP-E exhaust from www.therpmstore.com

[youtube]S3m7kSxGssk[/youtube]

The idea is to help newbies work out which exhaust and which note is right for them.
    Last edited by duglet; 10-11-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: edit youtube video

I watched that clip this arvo!!!

BOV note is what im looking at now

dOttY Guest

Going out on a limb here, but...

I wanna chunk up my exhaust. Yes, 2 days old, with 210kms on the clock!

Do I have to find an exhaust place to do this? Or do I purchase the exhaust online an take it to a mechanic?

'Scuse me, but I'm just a gurl... & I just drive it, lol.

hey dotty

when picking an exhaust system it really depends how far you wish to go.

If you just want some sound it's prob best going for a direct bolt on cat back system.

If you order it from the US, betime it lands it will be around the 1000 mark.

This won't play hell with your warranty and easy to turn back stock. Any exhaust place can fit this.

It's ok dotty I put on a turboback and a cpe intake on @ 1500km

dOttY Guest

Hey EVLMPS,
    Thanx for the info. I only wanna do for the sound, so cheers!

HellionXR6T Guest

I got a fairly decent CAT back zorst done @ Rite Price Exhausts (Moss St) for $400. Dee also had her cannon installed there on her Mazda 2 GENKI. My zorst added a small performance gain and the response of the car itself in general improved quite noticably TBO. Still a 2.5" stainless steel zorst that just has a nice note, no annoying drone.

dOttY Guest

Awesum! Thanx for that info. I'll make a phone call tomoz...

dOttY Guest

Okie dokie... I called them there at Moss Street. And they have recommended waiting until I have my 1000km service. Looks like I need to cruise up N down the highway a few times this week!

Yeah just wait for your first service and you should be sweet.

10. Default

Go CES Racing in Meadowbrook if you are looking for some serious performance from an exhaust and without the cruizing drone. You can check out my dyno results in the dyno thread. The CES is expensive though, so if you only want sound, just go to Moss street and have them chop out one of the 2 mufflers, and replace with a straight thru pipe.

Dont take out any of the CATs though, as you'll have never ending issues with CEL's

Also, if you're worried about voiding your warranty, just get serviced at Oldmac Cleveland. The service manager Clinton is simply brilliant. They take the time to diagnose problems, and if you look after your car (eg. just clean it the day before dropping it in), they turn a blind eye to any and all mods. You can tell em I sent you (Ward from Caltex), I know them all personally down there (they been servicing my mazdas for ages)
    Last edited by Wardski; 11-11-2008 at 06:55 PM.

HellionXR6T Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    Okie dokie... I called them there at Moss Street. And they have recommended waiting until I have my 1000km service. Looks like I need to cruise up N down the highway a few times this week!
    Best to wait for the 1000k 'check up'. It's a cover your butt tactic. They told Dee the same thing when the GENKI received it's beefy cannon. Have your 1st service then pay em a visit, I'm still happy I did, so is Dee

In my opinion and with the current exchange rate i would ditch the off the shelf zorst and just find a decent shop to make you one up. Tell them what you want, as in sound wise (no drone etc..) and if you find a decent one they may even slide on defferent mufflers while your there to show you the difference in sound. (thats what my mate has done for me and others before..)

As stated, wait till you have done the 1000k service then start playin...

As Ward has said, you can go wrong with CES! I have seen & heard this system and it is nothing short of stunning!

If it is a little to exe though.. there is also the TurboXS system, which has a good note to it...and a bit cheaper. Only issues would be that it is quite loud ( 2 bullet resonators/no mufflers) So would require the removal/replacement of the second resonator for a hiflow muffler.

Blog Entries

Yeah I want a CES as well. But alas, funds are low!

Maybe i should get CES on as a sponsor - I can be their project car! Now I'm thinking!

I wouldn't try and re invent the wheel. Go with something that has been proven in the USA.

If you want bang for buck go with the CorkSport Exhaust System. It's been proven, easy to install and it's pretty damm cheap. Buy it here

Get it @ MPS Garage, alternativley if you want the CPE on they can source it aswell. Buy it here

I believe they have all MPS3 gear in stock @ the moment, might have to check it though..
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by armthehomeless View Post
    Yeah I want a CES as well. But alas, funds are low!

Maybe i should get CES on as a sponsor - I can be their project car! Now I'm thinking!
    I also tried the "sponsor" route with CES, but my MPS was the 3rd one they had done so the development had already been complete. However, they did give me a small discount for my Dyno results, as it was the first one they had done with the Xede, and I get unlimited hoist lifts and access to all the tools under the sun if I want to replace engine mounts and the like.

Just remember, when you buy a CES, yes it costs a b0mb. But you're also buying into a family business and a racing exhaust R&D house, and that comes with a lot of extras. For some of you, it does come down to the buck$, but for me, the cost was the ultimate trade off (an ex-mechs wet dream so as to speak) -> Access to a fully blown racing garage and a friendly smile

Thanks for the tip on Cleveland Mazda Ward, 20000km service will be coming up shortly and I wouldn't mind someone going over the car who is good with 3 MPS's. Centenary just don't give me that confidence, although they do a mean coffee and breakfast...

18. Default

Hey Danski, no problems mate. Oldmac Cleveland have looked after me very well over the years (although they've never served breakfast) and they also certainly dont fob you off when you question their conclusions. I've found that every squeek, rattle or wong wong noise is their priority. The "wong wong" noise was a classic, but they learned a lot from that experience and have applied that to any other MPS that comes in with the same issue.

The 20,000k service coming up will be approx $320 (thats what mine cost with high grade fully synthetic engine oil), and FYI they will do an ECU update (not sure how that will affect the Piasini V3 if you have it)

Clinton is the service manager, just let him know that Ward from Caltex recommended Oldmac Cleveland service centre to you. Also remind him that if he keeps doing a good job, more MPS's will come

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Hey Danski, no problems mate. Oldmac Cleveland have looked after me very well over the years (although they've never served breakfast) and they also certainly dont fob you off when you question their conclusions. I've found that every squeek, rattle or wong wong noise is their priority. The "wong wong" noise was a classic, but they learned a lot from that experience and have applied that to any other MPS that comes in with the same issue.

The 20,000k service coming up will be approx $320 (thats what mine cost with high grade fully synthetic engine oil), and FYI they will do an ECU update (not sure how that will affect the Piasini V3 if you have it)

Clinton is the service manager, just let him know that Ward from Caltex recommended Oldmac Cleveland service centre to you. Also remind him that if he keeps doing a good job, more MPS's will come
    Are they paying you commission.

:lol:

Happy Motoring
    duglet

lookin at mps garage and they got 3 exhausts up there. which is better?
    COBB 3 inch cat back
    CPE 3 inch cat back
    CorkSport Power Series MPS 3 80mm Cat Back

which is better??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast