User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Exhaust for my MPS 3?

I've got the CPE product, awesome gains, awesome noise..... bit expensive now though with the current state of the aussie clam.....

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dOttY View Post
    Going out on a limb here, but...

I wanna chunk up my exhaust. Yes, 2 days old, with 210kms on the clock!

Do I have to find an exhaust place to do this? Or do I purchase the exhaust online an take it to a mechanic?

'Scuse me, but I'm just a gurl... & I just drive it, lol.
    You can get some really good deals on exhausts on ebay, I would just pick one up, and get someone to fit it. It's the cheapest way out of it
    Stephen

116 Bell st Coburg, 3058
    T: 9354-2555
    w: www.worxauto.com.au

The Pecking order for exhausts are:

CPE
    COBB
    CorkSport

I would steer clear with ebay, cheap chinese crap usually!

Blog Entries

I have the corksport on my 6 and the quality and sound is billiant.

yeah the video clips of the corksport one sounds really good. especially with the whole exhaust system on it.

why is CPE better? is it build quality?, sound quality? or just the design?

I wouldnt say any of these is *better* so to speak.

It again depends on personal preference like any mod really.

Also depends on the application and what you want from your car.eg, noise, performance, show, etc etc.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by remotegt View Post
    yeah the video clips of the corksport one sounds really good. especially with the whole exhaust system on it.

why is CPE better? is it build quality?, sound quality? or just the design?
    Better quality, better design. = MORE POWER! :-)

But like Duglet said, it's up to personal preference.
    CorkSport FMIC with Cold Air Induction, , Cork Sport Cat Back, CPE Standback with PNP, TurboSmart BOV, Custom Highflow Cat with CorkSports Downpipe,Pauter Rods, CP Pistons,ARP Head Studs, BIGGER TURBO COMING, Pre-ordered a Stage 3 CPE Engine.

dOttY Guest

Exclamation ¤ help! ¤

Sh*t! I'm the most indecisive person I know! I've just clocked 1000kms and she's booked in for a checkup on Monday. I'm itching to change the exhaust but now I'm confused (again! ...hang on, I live in a state of total confusion!)!

Like Duggy said, it's personal preference. I had all intentions on gettting a catback done from Right Price Exhausts, but now I dunno. I need to hear it before I buy it, lol. Anyone know of sum good YouTube vids I should view before handing out the cash?

Blog Entries

Who lives near dOttY who has a aftermarket exhaust so she can have a listen?

Nevermind Guest

Look at some of the American forums. There might be a few soundbites of different exhausts on there as well.

check some of the clips on the mpsgarage site.

the last time i looked they have the corksport& cpe at idle, revining and driving away.

Dotty..

You could contact HellionMPS...he has a zorst from rightprice, Corz and a few other have aftermarket zorst as well.

Always head down on the weekend for a listen...and a ride.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

hey all, my mps3 is in the shop now getting the main muffler taken out and replaced with a lukey muffler. the exhaust bloke reckons it will give the little rocket a nice growl and be far less restrictive then the stock muffler !!

looking forward to picking it up this arvo !!!

interested to hear it.

that makes two of us, haven't read of anyone else doing it so its a good little test project.

i made it clear i didn't want the neighbourhood to know I was coming and he said it will just give it a nice purr especially when accelerating so see what happens. this is torture as it was finished hours ago but can't finish work yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post

Clinton is the service manager, just let him know that Ward from Caltex recommended Oldmac Cleveland service centre to you. Also remind him that if he keeps doing a good job, more MPS's will come

Everywhere I look people are recommending Oldmac Cleveland. I'm on the Sunshine Coast and really not too impressed with the service centres down my way and I'm considering taking it to Bris. Oldmac worth the drive in your opinion?

I'm keen to get them to check out my water pump and shocks, as I've heard people mention that they have had these replaced around the 30,000km mark. I know if I ask Sunshine Coast mazda they wont bother looking.

yeah i had my water pump replaced at 30k and they did it no drama's at all. Didn't speak with clinton but i'll be going back for all my services there

dOttY Guest

Okie dokie... I've spoken to a few places and it's highly suggested that I get one of the mufflers cut out and a straight through pipe put in. Can someone please let me know if this sounds like a good move? This dude I spoke with said that if my pipes are 2.5" already (?) there's no use in changing them, and a whole lot of other stuff that I can't remember now, lmao! Remember, I only wanna change the sound, I'm not after performance.
    Last edited by dOttY; 01-12-2008 at 02:26 PM.

dOttY Guest

<insert EXPLETIVE here!> I'm officially keeping her STOCK! I've had a gutful of conflicting advice I'm ready to pull my eff-ing hair out!

Not a good day...

Blog Entries

not a good idea.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast