User Tag List

Thread: Hid fog light help

Default Hid fog light help

Hi guys

Did a few google searches and forum searches but no luck.

Long story short I installed some HID fog lights a while back. They worked for about 2 weeks then blew up. I replaced the fuse but it kept happening over and over again.

So i Decided to get a new set of high quality HID fog lights to replace them including ballast and bulbs. However even after replacing the blown up fuse my HID's do not seem to work. Any ideas on what the issue could be???

Regards Mike

Fuse not big enough to power the HID kits?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

The fuse is only used to stop excessive current being drawn. It doesn't restrict power. Ive had a look at the Fuse and relay and they seem to be fine.

The actual HID have been tested directly off a 12v source and work fine.

Have you checked the wiring for any shorts/continuity - could be possible damage caused by the original set of rogue fog lights

I haven't yet as that would be a last measure if i cant find anything else wrong.

Is there only one relay it runs off, or multiple???

I think from memory it runs off the fog relay if im not wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMps View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

The fuse is only used to stop excessive current being drawn. It doesn't restrict power. Ive had a look at the Fuse and relay and they seem to be fine.

The actual HID have been tested directly off a 12v source and work fine.
    If the HID kit draws more current than the standard fog bulbs and the fuse isn't big enough then that would pop the fuse constantly.

I had HID's n my fogs and made sure I got a kit that drew the same current as stock. No issues for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1CMS1 View Post
    If the HID kit draws more current than the standard fog bulbs and the fuse isn't big enough then that would pop the fuse constantly.

I had HID's n my fogs and made sure I got a kit that drew the same current as stock. No issues for me.

Yes definitely but the fuse isn't popping which is why i cant tell why they aren't working.

You can always have a look tomorrow when i come over ^.^