User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How much power before reliability becomes an issue?

You've hit the nail on the head right there. You may buy a faster vehicle for now, but how much will an engine rebuild cost compared to modifying the stock one. Buying stock, with good service history, is always a better option, especially with low kms. 99% of the time this is going to be the safe bet. You'll end up with a vehicle that will last without the constant headaches of unknown reliability. If you do the modifications yourself you'll know what's been done and will likely enjoy the rewards of the achievements more by doing so.

2. Default

I realize the name of this thread should now be 'help me buy a car' but i'm in too deep now.

Thoughts on these guys:2006 Mazda 3 Mps sports | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Blacktown Area - Doonside | 1082012228

Not too sure on how thrashed it'd be. Would the bigger front mount just introduce extra lag with the standard turbo?

mazda 3 MPS | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Bankstown Area - Greenacre | 1081758621

Budget as hell but no rwc/rego. Pre-purchase inspection with compression test maybe for bargain?

2007 Mazda Mazda3 Hatchback | Cars, Vans & Utes | Gumtree Australia Fairfield Area - Bonnyrigg | 1081669946

Another potential bargain, starting to get higher K's though.

2007 Mazda 3 MPS Manual

From previous talks this is the standard low K that I would negotiate to a lower price.

Hello again,

I've watched this thread knowing the fears you're going through. No one here is going to be able to make your final decision for you.

I'll put it this way, many have tried and failed... No one wants to be on the receiving end of a 'you told me it'd be ok' on a total piece of crap they only saw on gumtree that looked amazing because the person's a car detailer...

If I was going to buy again myself, I'd be going for the lowest km's vs year model and minimal modification.

Pm me with your number if you want to talk about it further...

5. Default

Thanks for the advice, looks like someone else may have taken it on board as the low K's version sold yesterday. Booooooo

Indecision strikes again.

I'm most certainly not going to jump on the blaming game if something effs up when buying a car, i'm just being prudish and seeking opinions from those who are more informed about this style of car.

I'm starting to go full circle and having thoughts of buying some POS econobox, but hopefully that will pass before I do something stupid.

lol... regretting not making a decision you didn't want to regret...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12