User Tag List

Thread: backfire after installing cp-e downpipe

Default backfire after installing cp-e downpipe

Hey guys,

Just wondering if it's normal to get some backfire with the cpe catted downpipe installed?? It's stock system cat back..

Let me know what you think...

Back fire, no way.

Maybe a little popping through the exhuast though, like a little crackle even.

Definately not a backfire.

Blog Entries

I get some.

Question- Do you have a BOV?

I used to get an occasional pop on WOT gearchanges with mine, just unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust, nothing to worry about..

I just got my car back last night after having a catted CP-e DP installed, and I can cause it to pop (unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust) at will as it seems to be related to the 2nd to 3rd gear shift studder. It does sound kinda cool - pop pop pop. If I don't go WOT and don't get the studder, there isn't any popping. So it seems like the 2nd to 3rd studder issue is to do with ignition as fuel just seems to be dumped into the exhaust? I really need a fix for this.
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I just got my car back last night after having a catted CP-e DP installed, and I can cause it to pop (unburnt fuel igniting in the exhaust) at will as it seems to be related to the 2nd to 3rd gear shift studder. It does sound kinda cool - pop pop pop. If I don't go WOT and don't get the studder, there isn't any popping. So it seems like the 2nd to 3rd studder issue is to do with ignition as fuel just seems to be dumped into the exhaust? I really need a fix for this.
    I can make mine backfire on command pretty much. 75% of the time I can make it backfire if changing the gear just before or just as boost comes on. then changing gears and coming off the clutch and accelerating. does it easily going from 2nd to 3rd.

not sure if this is a good thing. haha.

Should get the boost guage in to see exactly at what point it does it.

^^ get a dash hawk!
    Kblume has one FS at the moment!
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-dashhawk.html

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    I can make mine backfire on command pretty much. 75% of the time I can make it backfire if changing the gear just before or just as boost comes on. then changing gears and coming off the clutch and accelerating. does it easily going from 2nd to 3rd.

not sure if this is a good thing. haha.

Should get the boost guage in to see exactly at what point it does it.
    this is exactley like mine except i dont have a doen pipe think its due to the BOV
    マツダスピード

Quote Originally Posted by LYNCHY View Post
    this is exactley like mine except i dont have a doen pipe think its due to the BOV

Yeah one of my mates said its due to the BOV too. What does a bov have to do with backfiring though? re-circulating too much air or something?

A BOV should only be a problem if you're running VTA. If you're running recirculation though the amount of air should be the same. I do remember reading a post on M6C that suggested a BOV can affect the fuel trim which could lead to unburnt fuel, I'll see if I can find it tonight.

Blog Entries

that is correct- happens when changing gears.

The BOV vents air that should be recirculated. because of this the car injects the amount of fuel for the amount of air it should see, since its not there it ignites in your exhaust.

Im running in 50/50 and every now and again get a pop.

I'm running 100% recirculated.

yeah i wanna run at 100% but have no blanking plate

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    ^^ get a dash hawk!
    Kblume has one FS at the moment!
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-dashhawk.html
    Thanks for the plug lol

Mine used to pop on command too, good fun

Karl why didn't you tell me you had a dashhawk for sale.. I think I need to invest In one..

I had the same issue when i was running fill VTA.

When i went to recirculated I still had a slight problem because the stock ECU couldn't handle my mods. Once I installed the standback, there was no issues.

It could be possible that your ECU cant handle your mods..