User Tag List

Thread: Is this worth salvaging?

Default Is this worth salvaging?

Getting cobb intake swapped with corksport true 3" and was wondering if anyone has salvaged/kept their SF airbox? It connects nicely to the stock cold air intake and looks like it might reduce heatsoak of filter. Then again I heard someone said the airbox restricts flow.. I could attack with with a dremel to possibly make it fit?

Any suggestions?

It will depend on where the filter sits. To test, remove corksport filter, install airbox, see if you can reinstall filter. You might have some wiggle room with the couplers too. If it helps, here is my jbr in the corksport box

[QUOTE=Lachlan;301986]It will depend on where the filter sits. To test, remove corksport filter, install airbox, see if you can reinstall filter. You might have some wiggle room with the couplers too. If it helps,

Thanks thats a good pic. My COBB is a full enclosed one with connection to the stock CAI. Reckon its worth keeping the top and the piping or too restrictive? Is the JBR 3" ?

Corksport has a lid too, just not on in that pic (it will go back in eventually). And yeah 3". Not 100%, but the cobb piping is probably OK for your power level- some people used to do some backyard mods by cutting holes in airboxes, but as the ducting on the gen 2 forces air into the box, I doubt its a flow restriction at speed. Since you have flexible hose (instead of the stock plastic), I assume you could maneuver the box around a bit. Nothing to it but jump in and try. Ha ha