User Tag List

Thread: For sale: Koni FSD 2100-4039 set to suit Gen 2

Default For sale: Koni FSD 2100-4039 set to suit Gen 2

Item: Koni FSD 2100-4039 to suit MPS gen 2 - all 4 dampers

Item Condition: Been on vehicle for ~35,000kms, some paint chips, scrapes etc. but otherwise in good condition. There are some plastic rings or washers that were meant to go were the bump stop contacts the shock body and one is missing but a trip to Bunnings should solve that issue. Capital Steering in the ACT (installers of new B8/Eibach setup) said they looked good with no leaks and they go down and up as per https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6rQ3e2U2IE

They were originally purchased from GSL Rallysport in QLD on the 12th Nov 2013 and were installed a few weeks after that by Inline Steering & Suspension in Queanbeyan.

Reason for selling:
    Lowered on Bilstein B8 and Eibach Pro-Kit

Price and price conditions: $200ono

Photo:
    IMG_2370.JPG

Pickup definitely preferred but if an interstate buyer wants them, then a suggestion of carrier and acceptance of costs is needed.

Extra Info: If you have blown or leaking stockers and need good cheap replacements that aren't from Pedders/China and want an improved ride then these will suit nicely. However, FSDs are not meant for lowering, despite the anecdotal comments that they can be. If you are even toying with the idea of lowering, then save your money and put them towards some B6s/B8s or Koni Yellows instead.

Also, familiarize yourself with them: Koni FSD shock, strut, damper install - Mazdaspeed Forums and keep in mind FSDs do tend to raise the front slightly (maybe 1/4 of an inch from what i remember) if your concerned with looks.

EDIT: Missing only one plastic washer, not 3 as originally suspected (helps if i look in the boxes).

EDIT 2: Found the invoice from GSL so updated post with invoice date.
    Last edited by GoonBong; 15-06-2015 at 10:58 AM.

What did you think of the suspension personally? Do you feel it made an improvement to ride and handling compared to standard?

Definitely made an improvement to ride, handling was harder to gauge - they don't have that crashy stiffness that factory performance shocks have, but some people like hardness in their shocks because it gives a feeling of solidarity. They're certainly on par with stock in terms of handling. These and an uprated RSB are a good combo. But there are plenty of threads on MSF.org if you want more impressions. But I'll stress if you're not interested in ride and just want more/harder damping, these probably aren't for you.

I've been considering these for a while as I'd like to maintain stock height. I've read a few reviews but not much really said and most are American... It's good to get an opinion from a local who's used them long term, not a report made within the first 5000km.

It's tempting to get them to see what I can expect after 35,000km 😊

Haha, well they certainly seem OK and good dampers should last longer than that! Anyone considering these who is interstate is welcome to have someone they know in the ACT look at them before putting any money down.

Yes these will def improve your handling and even more so with good RSB. I replaced OEM almost 3 yrs ago with FSD ,no issues at all ,but OP is correct not for lowering and front will be approx 6mm higher.
    IMO these replacements are worth every cent and at this price (bargain) . A few tears when R&R ,but worth the effort ,ride is not as harsh and stiff ,but when on open road the car seems to firm up with speed and steering response is sharp and direct .
    Tip .if you are replacing all shocks , instal new front srut tower bushes and bearing at the same time.
    Way to many mods, way too much money spent,way way too much time spent = the wifes no 1 Enemy.
    But i,m Smiling

8. Default

I've got these shocks and as far as I can tell they are really good, I have never run stock as I got the car with them but steering is quick and responsive and handling is great, need a rsb though
    Except is now got a decent negative take now, fronts up in the air

9. Default

I'm really keen on them was actually looking at the B8's because my rear shocks are stuffed and the front ones don't have that much longer. But seeing as i'm not going to lower the car, these seem as the good option. So what else apart from the washer do you need to get them installed, or missing from the set apart from the obvious springs and such ? Also am I right in saying that the getting front trust bearing & bushes from mazda dealership would be the easiest?

It's usually strut bearings and mounts that people suggest you get swapped, but I had the FSDs installed and then swapped for the B8s with the Pro-Kits and the bearings and strut mounts have held together so far. Depends on how hard you've driven it I guess.
    Last edited by GoonBong; 15-06-2015 at 09:31 AM.

And these are sold! A quick FYI, while Koni advertise a life-time warranty, these are only to the original buyer. I let the buyer know but it's good to keep in mind if you are ever considering second hand Koni dampers.

- - - Updated - - -

Could a mod close this thread?