User Tag List

Thread: 2010 mps3 first log @ WSID 12.7sec 1/4 mile stage 2

1. Question 2010 mps3 first log @ WSID 13.7sec 1/4 mile stage 2

Hey guys, after all your advice I finally got the car to a stage where I was confident to run it
    Mods are hyper flow top mount, cpe down pipe, access port stage 2 stratified tune, CPE HPFP,CS Sri + tip , stock exhaust and stock turbo.

If one of you legends could please have a look at the data log and let me know if these is anything I should be worried about as it seemed to drive perfect though as normal couldn't get traction.. I guess that was my fault..standard tyres @ 35psi... Oops..got to excited to get to the track and forgot to check them...

PS.. I did 4 runs which are in tabs at the bottom.2x time sheets are also attached for reference. Updated with individual logs in csv format as recommended..thank you again for your help..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150611_105827.jpeg 
Views:	153 
Size:	192.2 KB 
ID:	17455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150611_105717.jpeg 
Views:	152 
Size:	177.9 KB 
ID:	17456  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by doms15; 13-06-2015 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Heading changed

12.7 or 13.7?
    Time slips say the latter...
    Don't have time to actually look through logs, might be able to this evening

3. Default

Sorry, it is 13.7 ...will try to change the heading..apologise..

The log won't open for me, but slips look ok, with any TMIC it was probably heat soaked while waiting in the lanes (gets worse the more runs you have) and the ECU pulls power out via rich afrs and less timing

5. Default

Thank you for trying, not sure why it wouldn't open.. I will try re up the file in another format tomorrow..I saved it in office 2010.

Good job on the 13.7. I can open the logs fine on my phone, but separate csvs would be easier.

Looks like you're running a bit rich (AFRs mostly in the 10s through all 4 logs - unless that's because of the high BATs?) and yeah, super heat soaked (your first run starts with 150+ BATs). There's also a bit of KR in your first log at the top of 1st I think, but it appears you might have been hitting the rev limiter so probably a false reading.

Are you planning to get a full tune at some point? Looks like there is still some power to be made with leaner AFRs, more timing (you hardly hit 10°) and maybe some more boost early on (although looks like you have almost maxed the EBCS at high rpm).

HPFP seems OK from what I can see, but I don't see upgraded internals in your mods :s
    Last edited by Lachlan; 13-06-2015 at 12:36 AM.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

7. Default

Thanks for checking it out, really appreciate it...I am considering a tune after hearing that..and after my first of street drag experience I think I'm addicted ... Can I adjust the map I have it would it be locked, it is a flash tune from stratified ($50).. also where can I get a tutorial on how to read these logs and know the limits/changes available required.. yes it is running a HPFP just forgot to mention it..and yes I got the rev limiter as it was my first time I was nervous and wasn't paying much attention...I did notice I came off the pedal completely between gears if I'm reading reading the log correctly..i guess I should FFS next time to see if I can get under 13.5..

No worries. Don't think you can adjust the map though, but you can download ATR if you don't have it already and see if you can open it. I'd leave the tuning to the pros though, at least until you are 100% confident about everything. It's not at all simple and its very easy to blow your motor if you get it wrong. Stratified do have an upgrade scheme where if you move to a full tune with them, you get your $50 credited towards it.

This is a good link for learning about tuning and understanding logs, but just keep reading and looking at logs and it will make sense eventually. http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...-early-187756/
    Do you have launch control and ffs enabled on your tune? Ffs definitely makes a big difference if set up right (if you have an AP V3 i think you can even adjust these from the AP rather than opening the tune).
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

9. Default

Thanks again for your advice and pointing me in the right direction, I don't have lc or ffs enabled in the tune as I wasn't sure if it was worth it and didn't know what to set it at when requesting though stratified. I might consider the actual etune , though as it is my every day driver wouldn't it be safer to run rich than lean for safety? Or am I being over paranoid...
    PS: would me having a o2 cheater / extender installed effect the readings/afr of the car..

Shouldn't, but why do you have one with stock exhaust? A good tune from Stratified will be safe, they know what they are doing but it really depends if you want more power or are happy. There's nothing unsafe with your current tune.

11. Default

It is in the catless down pipe, for some reason it kept throwing a CEL without it..thanks for the reassurance on the current tune being safe

My bad. I read stock exhaust and missed the dp. Yeah, gen2 doesn't like catless. Stratified have a very good reputation, so you are in good hands. Sarcasticone is doing his own tuning, so hopefully he can have a look too.