User Tag List

Thread: In the market for a 3 MPS gen 2 - questions?

1. Default In the market for a 3 MPS gen 2 - questions?

Hey guys,

I'm currently looking for a 3 MPS (gen 2) and had a few questions:

- What are the common faults? i.e. what to look out for.
    - How was your fuel economy when stock and how did you improve it (if applicable)?
    - What a fair price would be for a Gen 2 Series 2? (Looking for a white vehicle).
    - Differences between years? I've noticed that with later 2012 models, their rear bumpers have a portion sprayed in black/grey. Is there anything else?

Feel free to post other facts and tips! Cheers!

Common faults, there's not too many. Just the HPFP giving out when throwing mods in with how load in low rpm. Also the rods are weak if your pushing ~400HP.
    Fuel encomy for stock was ~10L/100km. After all my mods. I'm seeing around the 8.5L/100km. Hand calculated, not computer calculated.
    a fair price depending on what you want is anywhere between 20k-30k.
    Difference in years is; 2013 has a touchscreen, 2012 and up changed to silver and black interior instead of polka dot red and the rear bumper. The wheels are also powder coated grey.
    Other then that it's all the same.

are you sure you wouldn't want a black one? :P I have one for sale currently

Welcome and good luck. Have a look here for common issues http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3825
    And I get around 14 l/100k but that's because I wring its neck. A good tune will get better economy, but its still a pretty thirsty motor.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Kor3y101 View Post
    Common faults, there's not too many. Just the HPFP giving out when throwing mods in with how load in low rpm. Also the rods are weak if your pushing ~400HP.
    Fuel encomy for stock was ~10L/100km. After all my mods. I'm seeing around the 8.5L/100km. Hand calculated, not computer calculated.
    a fair price depending on what you want is anywhere between 20k-30k.
    Difference in years is; 2013 has a touchscreen, 2012 and up changed to silver and black interior instead of polka dot red and the rear bumper. The wheels are also powder coated grey.
    Other then that it's all the same.

are you sure you wouldn't want a black one? :P I have one for sale currently
    Can't seem to spot any other door trim besides the red and black. Touchscreen?

Quote Originally Posted by Kor3y101 View Post
    Photos of said touch screen? I think that's incorrect.

Gah, sorry. Too quick to speak. That's an American thing. I only assumed we would have it also. Never mind me.

7. Default

Sigh. Was hoping there would be a better improvement on fuel consumption. Just came from a N15 Pulsar and Corolla Sportivo.

What mods were performed btw? Kind of have to keep the noise pollution down to impress parents, haha.

8. Default

Also, what's up with the lack of white for the BK model?

Quote Originally Posted by kiieerroonn View Post
    Also, what's up with the lack of white for the BK model?
    We got aurora blue instead...

11. Default

Mah lawd... Some dude wants $9300 for his 2006 model. The catch is that he lost his licence. Gg

https://trademe.co.nz/864542229

White!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keiron....do et,had a 2011 bought it new, great car regret selling it for a auto sp for the wife.still holding onto my 3mps plates just in case I get another

14. Default

Hahaha, how do they compare to the pulsars?