User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overboosting after BPV ...?

I remember looking through some ones log. It looked like an excel spreadsheet from hell! haha. Thanks for the advice tho, appreciated

Lol, yeah they look insane. You just only need to look at a few columns at a time though: try starting with AFR, boost, load, spark advance, rpm, KR and WGDC. That should get you into the swing of it (and all fit on one screen!). You can also graph them if it helps. Ha ha

Eh ill leave it to the pros... I am learning but not confident tweaking my DD. Was a nice 4 degrees tonight and boy it jumped up in boost quickly. Didn't even WOT (68 throttle) and it jumped to 21psi and held

I meant in teams of understanding how the car works (looking @ a log), NOT modifying the tune yourself (editing in ATR). Yeah, these cold nights and mornings are fun hey!

Oh ha ha I knew that! Is there not anyway (apart from guardian angel) to completely stop boost from going over targets? I.e setting a predetermined boost cut at say 21psi and if it MAP detects 21.0000001 for example it cuts boost (wastegate?)

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Oh ha ha I knew that! Is there not anyway (apart from guardian angel) to completely stop boost from going over targets? I.e setting a predetermined boost cut at say 21psi and if it MAP detects 21.0000001 for example it cuts boost (wastegate?)
    There is tables to reduce WGDC when you exceed targets... However the boost tables aren't checked as often as load targets, so it takes longer to react...
    Also depends how they are populated as to how much WGDC is going to be cut... Cutting 2% WGDC for 1psi over target won't do much!
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Default Overboosting after BPV ...?

Yes. A good tune will control boost properly (it will always wobble a little bit though-sarcasticone's post above explains why) and keep your engine safe without relying on cuts and safety measures.
    Boost is also not as critical as you seem to think it is. It's just one part of your tune. Some tunes (load based tuning) will actually vary boost a lot in different situations to hit the desired load (torque) target.
    The GA protects you if something outside of normal operation occurs (like a wastegate hose pops off) or your tuner makes a boo boo and causes you to overboost :s
    Last edited by Lachlan; 26-05-2015 at 10:52 AM.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Retuned today. Flat footing it only yields a max of 19.3psi. I asked them to make torque come on slightly later and that is what I got. Feels ALOT less agro to drive now, particularly after 4.5K due to the fact is is now not going into "lets boost at what ever the **** I want to" mode haha. I did enjoy the angry MPS for a while, but this is safer! Roll on the corksport turbo!

Oh and no idea of hp/kw output now as their printer was down, but don't really care as corky will go on soon! Apparently the dyno is DOS based (as tuner likes it old skool) and the serial cable is buggered haha wtf
    Last edited by nas711; 27-05-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12