User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cobb Stage 3 Power Package??? Worthwhile or Worthless???

Quote Originally Posted by Wingrove View Post
    Where did you end up going for your exhust @nas711? if its localish may have to hit it up

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/intak...agnaforce.html
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

2. Default

@ Wingrove COBB or Magnaforce? is the thread that Nas talks about his exhaust. It was in Lilydale.

3. Default

ahhh there it is, must of missed it, but thats local ish, may head over and see what they say

Dodgy little place behind horseland, but Dave knows what he is doing. Ring to discuss and he can order. Magna flows are getting hard to import.Very happy with the sound of me. So throaty under throttle and no buzz or drone. Unilike all the brz getting around...bleh!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Dodgy little place behind horseland, but Dave knows what he is doing. Ring to discuss and he can order. Magna flows are getting hard to import.Very happy with the sound of me. So throaty under throttle and no buzz or drone. Unilike all the brz getting around...bleh!
    sweet thanks! must organize a meet sometime sound like you have a nice solid mps there

You work at Manhattan right? Would be happy to meet and cruise or what ever. I am a lone MPS driver here in the dandenongs and I am in Ringwood quite a bit.

7. Default

yeah kinda, the dans next to the hat and when@ gets sorted there will be more mps in vic!

8. Default

Hey boys (Wingrove & Nas) although I am just doing my research and look at getting my MPS around the end of this year. Would love to start some Vic cruises or something, like we used to have with the XR6T club.

@ Nas still would like to meet up to see what your car can do. I'll PM you so as we can get it organised before you get your turbo done.

No worries mate. I'm sure you will be impressed with the amount of wheelspin it has haha. Corksport hasn't even shipped my turbo yet (did buy it on Friday), so should be about 3 or so weeks before I fit it.

@Robski2011

Lots of good advice here so far.

I started my modding experience the same as you, lots of research, finding who did what for my model etc (CX7).

This is a good resource that might help you.

HP level essentials - Mazdaspeed Forums

I think it helps if you can define what you are trying to achieve from your mods, of course this often changes when you have more power and you then want MOAR POWA.

The Cobb Stage 3 is probably not even coming up to the performance I have got from my "stage 1" with a stock turbo. My "stage 2" would be a bigger turbo and maxing out the stock block and injectors.

Corksport is another company that do a good range of gear as is JBR. Check out the vendors page at MSF. Most things can be bought directly from the US from Edge Autosports or the supplier.

I wouldn't be importing any exhaust components, cheaper and better to get custom made up here. First power mod is second cat delete, second power mod would be dump pipe with high flow cat. Pretty much everything else is for the noise.

The other big gain on stock turbo will come from a 3 or 3.5" intake and tune to suit.

My mod list is a pretty good place to start for a tuned stock turbo car, although mine come from just about every different supplier lol.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123