User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobb Stage 3 Power Package??? Worthwhile or Worthless???

Robski2011 ...happy to take you for a drive. Will have to be in the next 3 weeks or so, as I am getting a new turbo fitted and that will totally throw your choices off haha

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Ahh yeah disco potatoes need fab stuff, exactly why I didn't get an ATP. Just wanted a bolt on, tune and drive way with even OEM gear. I am only tuning to about 350hp at the most to preserve precious rods and pistons lol. Should be ok with Stock MAF limits at that range... 450hp...lol probly nope lol
    If you read MSF, they're hitting 350+g/s of air at 22psi...
    Stock MAF is only good till maybe 300-310...
    Heck, on a cold winters day, stock turbo can hit MAF cut...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I was definitely going to run the corksport at around 17-19psi to save my poor internals...should be ok. Any quick and easy MAF replacement that will fit nice with COBB intake? I don't really want to shell out another $200 for an intake, I like the one I have!

4. Default

Thanks for that Nas. I'm in the North Eastern Suburbs but as I stated before I am willing to travel. What WHP is yours at the moment Nas??? I would be looking at trying for around 260-270 WHP. Don't want to really sacrifice too much drivability, but at the same time as stated before enough in a hatch to scare some Skylines.

As for the drive I work shift work so if you could give me some days and I will check my roster (it sucks sometimes only having every 2nd weekend off). Just PM me and I'll check. Pretty eager to get this started.

As for cruises, what is it like down here in Vic for the MPS or various clubs??? Any suggestions for clubs to join up with??

Mine was dynoed at 201kw at the wheels on a hot day and then I dyno'd it the other day on a 5 degree day...it hit 214kw (286hp) and hit boost cut as went over boost targets from old tune! Cold weather is great! Drivability wise, no change EXCEPT now it has too much torque for the front wheels and well, racing from a standstill is a joke (just lunches tires). 1st gear is also super angry and quite useless lol. Also, I have to turn off traction control in fear of breaking engine mounts. From roll, its very quick for the money spent and sounds amazing.

Cruises...never been to a cruise and I am not part of a club except this one. I see a few MPS's here and there, but all dead stock. I am happy to meet your some where in between if convenient. I am originally from QLD so all my bogan mates are up there!
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Big maf really is a good idea. On stock turbo around 200kw
    Corksport stage II: 16psi, 260g/s at almost 4.6v (maf cut is like 4.8v)
    JBR 3" : 19psi, 280g/s at 4.1v

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Big maf really is a good idea. On stock turbo around 200kw
    Corksport stage II: 16psi, 260g/s at almost 4.6v (maf cut is like 4.8v)
    JBR 3" : 19psi, 280g/s at 4.1v
    What size is COBB..can't find it anywhere... Not sure I want to replace my entire intake ..any thing I can do for the COBB into get achieve this?
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Year - 2010 - Mazda - Mazdaspeed 3 - EdgeAutosport.com ..anything on there suit? I am a fan of the COBB intake and airbox because of how clean it looks and great heat shield. Don't want CAI also..only SRI.

Looking at comparison photos...the COBB HAS to be 3" . much bigger than stock

If it can be run without a tune, its 2.67" inner diameter...

I've heard people throwing cels with the COBB SRI lol ..buy hey that could be something else

The corksport stage 2 lists on its features : BOLT ON - No tune required for installation : Mazdaspeed 3 SRI | Stage II Power Series Short Ram Intake ...... Sames the sound design as as the COBB. If 3" ...I would assume needed a tune going by what your saying? Hey, i'm no pro, just trying to learn....

edit : even stage 3 is no tune no cel.

Default Cobb Stage 3 Power Package??? Worthwhile or Worthless???

Cobb is stock size. Any SRI can throw a cell (I had one with corksport) but an untuned 3" will be all kinds of ****ed up. Lol

Corksport Stage 2 is intake + tip stage 3 is CAI. Both stock maf housing. This is the 3" http://corksport.com/corksport-power...-3-intake.html

HTP do a 3" maf housing with an optional reducer to 2.5" (stock) tip which might work with the cobb intake @nas711
    Last edited by Lachlan; 16-05-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Ahh ok that makes sense. I will just see how it goes. If we come on to any problems (tuner thinks it will be fine), I will look into HTP reducer etc. I don't want massive HP gains, just bump it up slightly, so shouldn't be a problem. Cheers again for the info.

Out of interest I just went for a blat. 5 degrees...21.2psi ...MAF max was 240.39 lol

4th gear to the redline with 21psi? What maf volt?

Ahh was only looking at flow. I'll check later.

18. Default

Nas I found your exhaust post and had a read. I think I will go down the same rout it terms of just getting the downpipes from COBB in the Stage 3 and then look at getting the rest done custom. The guy in Lilydale that you went to sounds good, and reasonably priced.

Had any issues with your exhaust??

Nope, sounds fantastic!

20. Default

Where did you end up going for your exhust @nas711? if its localish may have to hit it up

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast