User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Corksport Turbo...

They run blends
    So, 15L of e85 to 40L of 98, gives you e20-e25...

I am happy with 230+ on good tires... consistent dyno so I know its legit. In the end, not in to dick measuring, all I know is, the corksport absolutely obliterates the k04 in the top end. Like at 5K rpm, you get this monster surge of power in 3rd and it torque steers lolll. Scared me a bit tonight..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    They run blends
    So, 15L of e85 to 40L of 98, gives you e20-e25...
    Yeah but have we fixed the black gunk shit that clearly accumulates on the hpfp internals yet? If so, I will switch.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

I see fueling problems with fuel not made for our cars, I think twice on using it in the only car I own. e85 makes sense, but no sure its there yet for the mps.

The slipping on a dyno is an easy fix for me, get better tires! He said the 222 was inaccurate as he could see it skipping at times. But the fuell, I'm not sure I can dedicate to having to plan each fuel trip on a car that is this guzzly lol

There's no definitive hardware fix yet... One is being tested on MSF, but there's this weird combination of oil+ additive in hpfp that seems to work well...

I'm planning on giving the oil + additive a try once it warms up...

Also, if you NEED the big intake, you won't have enough fueling capacity from stock injectors... On e85 you run out of fuel before you hit MAF cut

Ahh ok makes sense

Marty the tuner was advancing the timing and it kept making instant kw, but he was concerned about the KR due to fueling so kept it easy. Could of got away with more, but I decided to pull the plug.

So what would happen if I added 5-10l of 85 to a fullish tank of 98?

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    So what would happen if I added 5-10l of 85 to a fullish tank of 98?
    Give a 25% mix a try. You get the knock protection without maxing out your fuel system. Will need a specific tune for it though.

If it feels awesome then that's a win no matter what dynos say!

An eth blend (or meth) should allow a lot more timing and thus more power. What peak boost are you hitting? Reverse tapering? And are you seriously maxing the corksport 3"? You can probably get 2 tunes, 1 for when you have eth and a backup if you have to run 98 only.

For tyres, I'd certainly recommend hankook RS3 (z222) which will get you into semi-slick territory for around $250 each. Or if you have the cash, Yoko AD08R would be the best, but more like $350 a corner.
    Last edited by Lachlan; 19-06-2015 at 11:41 PM.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

11. Default

I can't see how you are maxing the intake with only 222. I have not seen anyone max the intake before fuel.

Corksport turbo would easily Max out fuel system on e85, not the intake

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    I can't see how you are maxing the intake with only 222. I have not seen anyone max the intake before fuel.
    Im not maxing out the 3" intake brandon, far from it actually. I am just not pushing it any further at this stage due to my tuner recommending that timing is on the verge of KR. If I change my fueling to e85 blend, I can achieve far more (he hinted at over 250kw), but I am not confident or could frankly be stuffed with filling up with multiple fuels at this stage and retuning. The car goes incredibly hard (particularly up top where I actually get quite noticeable torque steer in 3rd gear when max torque hits at 5K). I actually need to focus on better tires for the front now, as he said I am probably loosing up to 10 fwkw in tire slip.

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Corksport turbo would easily Max out fuel system on e85, not the intake
    Do you think I could get away with giving the car a sip of e85 without a tune at all? say 5L to cool it down? Only asking this is I am far from MAF voltage max on this tune...
    Last edited by nas711; 20-06-2015 at 08:56 AM.

15. Default

Awe, I must have miss read! I'm glad you're having fun with it.

Yeah thanks mate, love the intake. Did make it a fair bit quieter than the COBB, however its as far cleaner sound. Integrated it with the COBB airbox too, ill post a pick when this death fog lifts lol

Do you think I could get away with giving the car a sip of e85 without a tune at all? say 5L to cool it down? Only asking this is I am far from MAF voltage max on this tune...
    Yes you probably could. Your ECU should accommodate this. You won't get all the benefit of increased timing of course.

To do this would still mean mixing fuels. Although you would never be stuck if you couldn't find e85 to blend.

Alternatively what about adding 5litres of methanol per tank? Guys in the U.S. Are doing this and you can keep a run or drum of methanol at home.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Yes you probably could. Your ECU should accommodate this. You won't get all the benefit of increased timing of course.

To do this would still mean mixing fuels. Although you would never be stuck if you couldn't find e85 to blend.

Alternatively what about adding 5litres of methanol per tank? Guys in the U.S. Are doing this and you can keep a run or drum of methanol at home.
    Hrm...not sure I want to run a drum of meth around my house with kids. I dont really have a storage place for it. I also just want to drive my car without worry of all that stuff. Not after a HP gain through a sip of e85, just more the cooling factor. It was more the travel factor for me and the fact the car DOES use quite a lot of fuel (we cannot lie on that one). Filling up on e blends would seriously change my lifestyle and habits for the gain that I probably don'r really need in a fwd. Though if 5L was just effective in giving it a bit of a cool, I could divert and do that no problems, but the exact ratios etc would shit me after a while.

Where do you get meth from in victoria? lol (apart from train stations haha)

To me the e85 blend and up the timing would be a problem in that, 1. I don't want to run multiple tunes, 2. I would face the fact of not finding a united fuel station and need to run full 98 OFTEN. But if I occasionally find a united, I could just squirt a bit in for knock protection to see how it runs.

So are you saying a retune is a must to see any power increase from eth blends (low blends). It's not instant powwwweeerrrrr?? If so, no use to me. I am over retuning for a while.

I am satisfied with a almost 100hp at the wheels increase over stock with your parts (even if I know I can go further with eth). My cp-e top mount is also a restriction.

So are you saying a retune is a must to see any power increase from eth blends (low blends). It's not instant powwwweeerrrrr?? If so, no use to me. I am over retuning for a while.
    Yes. Alcohol fuels have less energy per gram so you actually need more fuel for the same energy. Up to 40% more according to Dick Johnson running ethanol in the V8 Supercars. I need about 15% more at e30 blend.

Try Racing Fuels in Vic. I have been Google searching to find how to get meth in Brisbane for when my WMI kit arrives.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast