User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Corksport Turbo...

plz don't laugh at my above graph haha, but I was inspired by this ridiculous hp tune (attached) from the yanks on a stock block. Running this much HP for a few years now, must be doing something right. I like the look of that torque curve! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	28psifinal (2).jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	17448
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

I saw that graph on FB yesterday too. That is the shape you should be looking for. Just factor torque and power down by 10% to be safer for the rods. I doubt the CS turbo will hold boost above 26psi high in the rev range. So probably taper boost off a bit after 5000rpm which will also pull the peak numbers down a bit.

Just try and hold 300ftlb (400NM) for as long as possible... It'll give you 370whp if you can hold 300ftlb at 6500rpm

That is a pretty graph, what turbo? And I'd think on the corksport you wouldn't want to limit torque too much below 4k, as that where lots of the daily-drive grunt comes from. Plus the bit of extra lag compared to stock will do it for you anyway to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    That is a pretty graph, what turbo? And I'd think on the corksport you wouldn't want to limit torque too much below 4k, as that where lots of the daily-drive grunt comes from. Plus the bit of extra lag compared to stock will do it for you anyway to a degree.
    6266 on stock block with jmf + 6th port and e85
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

So, how'd it go @nas711?

In today getting the turbo fitted and tuned in arvo or tomorrow. I have a loan car for 2 days, so doesn't bother me. I said push it as far as needed as I was interested in how the stock intake will go whilst I wait for 3" (which will arrive by Monday :/). On my holidays in 2 weeks, book it back in for a service, intake and retune and fit guardian angel for 22psi. Ill post a dyno tommorow.
    Last edited by nas711; 10-06-2015 at 08:19 AM.

8. Default

Awesome! Interested to see your numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    Awesome! Interested to see your numbers!
    Definately! Not sure how it will go with the COBB intake, but oh well. Your 3" one is on its way for fitment in a few weeks.

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

10. Default

It'll work with the cobb intake! But you'll see a bit more power with our big guy!

It'll work with the cobb intake! But you'll see a bit more power with our big guy!
    Just worried about maxing MAF with it, but in 3 weeks time i'll drop the 3" in and retune and post a comparison.

12. Default

Cool! Yea, depending how aggressive you go you'll definitely max out the intake you have!

Cool! Yea, depending how aggressive you go you'll definitely max out the intake you have!
    Max out MAF at 223fwkw Oh well. Intake on in 2 weeks time should squeeze out a bit more. The turbo whinges like an old lady on orgasm and the exhaust note has got down an octave lol Sounds very deep now, border line drone, but not too bad.

Nice work. I feel like you need to post graphs, logs, and videos though I remember someone else on MSF got serious drone after installing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Max out MAF at 223fwkw Oh well. Intake on in 2 weeks time should squeeze out a bit more. The turbo whinges like an old lady on orgasm and the exhaust note has got down an octave lol Sounds very deep now, border line drone, but not too bad.
    If that's on 98, that's pretty decent
    What's the curve look like? How's it feel on "bum dyno"?
    Turbo spool noise is one thing I really miss from my 3071
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

How can you max out a MAF at only 225kW? My car has 225kW.... I wonder if my MAF is maxing out as well?

Maybe more boost, less timing?

Probably...but he said since intake is going on, no point pushing to maf cut in winter. It was very cold today. Will be far more aggressively tuned when intakes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Nice work. I feel like you need to post graphs, logs, and videos though I remember someone else on MSF got serious drone after installing it too.
    We only went with a fairly easy tune today. He said he purely tuned it to keep it running nicely with limits of the intake (was 4 degrees when tuning), non aggressive timing and lowish boost (19psi). With the intake on, looking at uping timing and boost to around 23 and then its all good.

Its funny Lachlan, sometimes its kinda droney, sometimes not. But what I really notice is the amazing sounding spool (alot deeper than the k04) and the exhaust has almost a v8 like rumble about it now. Definately dropped an octave....

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    How can you max out a MAF at only 225kW? My car has 225kW.... I wonder if my MAF is maxing out as well?
    On the standard intake, the k04 can max out a MAF on a coldish day. I gave it a thump on the way home in third get WOT to about 5.5 and the MAF hit 4.8v. It is 5 degrees out.

I thought you were running bigger Intake?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast