User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Corksport Turbo...

I doubt you would see any benefit from bp 98 vs united 98 when you are putting eth on top. Also, check your fuelups. I've never been able to put more than 55l in the tank, even when bone dry (like driven 10km after the trip comp says 0km to empty).

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I doubt you would see any benefit from bp 98 vs united 98 when you are putting eth on top. Also, check your fuelups. I've never been able to put more than 55l in the tank, even when bone dry (like driven 10km after the trip comp says 0km to empty).
    I've put 53.5L into my gen 1 (55L tank) before
    That was stressful!
    I've worked out the fuel light means I've got 10L left...

But yes, once you start adding ethanol, the difference in 98 (or even 95...) becomes substantially less important
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 02-06-2015 at 11:46 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    I've put 53.5L into my gen 1 (55L tank) before
    That was stressful!
    I've worked out the fuel light means I've got 10L left...

But yes, once you start adding ethanol, the difference in 98 (or even 95...) becomes substantially less important
    Yeah that's what I figured. For quantity, I'm talking way below the fuel light coming on (fuel light on, gauge reading nothing, distance to empty reading 0km, then driving another 10km). Point is, you would very rarely be filling up with 60l even if you push it to the ragged edge between fills. 50-55 is what id base my ETH calculations on which is more like 12-13l vs 15l.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

No worries, the only thing that might urk me is that I actually never fill my car up. I usually keep it to the 300-400km mark (half a tank or so). Now I have to do basic maths! Bah.

You get 3-400 out of half a tank! They should have used this as an example in highschool maths ha ha

Of course I dont get 3-400! But thats what it says haha

Hey gen 2 trip computer shows litres as well as km to empty?

edit : no lol
    Last edited by nas711; 02-06-2015 at 06:33 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20150604_16_25_08_Pro.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	17434Fiiiinaaally arrived. To be fitted on Tuesday!

Sick. Christmas come early! Very interested in results

Puppy powa!

Aiming for 300-350, but happy to sit in between. I'm sure if balls to the wall I could squeeze 400 out of it, but would love an engine block to get me to work and back lol. Only real restriction is intake, but I love my COBB

- - - Updated - - -

You looking to upgrade?
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Yep, whenever my latest k04 decides to turn my car into a giant bong.

Yep, whenever my latest k04 decides to turn my car into a giant bong.
    Gen 2 though...though this was all revised. No smoking turbo in gen 2's unless you basically shat the bed
    Last edited by nas711; 04-06-2015 at 10:33 PM.

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Mine died within 10,000ks. Looked like this https://youtu.be/Cxs7xdrT1uU On my second one now. They revised the PVC system at some point (don't think mine has had the change though) but the turbo can eventually give out anyway. My new one's on 90k+ atm and gets flogged to death, so only a matter of time

Geez that's early! Mine could have been replaced. I got my 2010 at 75k. Run flawless, but no worries anymore I guess.

Seems hit or miss. Some smoke, others don't. Mine started the day after my 10k service. I thought they'd forgotten to put oil back in or something. An upgrade is always better than a replacement! Ha ha

Yeah true. Looking forward to it just hoping it doesn't change dynamics too much. I do enjoy the violent spool of the k04...

Would the smaller intake size of the COBB SRI really affect potential of CS turbo that much? I can't find size of it on any site...Stock apparently Not really keen to drop more money on a slightly bigger intake, COBB design has a great airbox etc. I am only looking as I said for prob 300-350hp....
    Last edited by nas711; 05-06-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Would the smaller intake size of the COBB SRI really affect potential of CS turbo that much? I can't find size of it on any site...Stock apparently Not really keen to drop more money on a slightly bigger intake, COBB design has a great airbox etc. I am only looking as I said for prob 300-350hp....
    It will, even does on a K04. You will be more limited in how much air you can flow before you max the MAF sensor (just like the MAP, i think it gets less reliable up the top end too, even before MAF cut) and the turbo will have to work harder to make boost, but, as you aren't trying to push it too far you can probably get away with it.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Yeah I figured that. Just didn't want to have to go and retune etc etc. I might see how it goes on the dyno and take it from there. I can't see anyone selling 3" intakes in Victoria as all of the stockists are in NSW! Doubt anything would get delivered before wednesday....so i'll just roll with it.

If I max the MAF sensor, does it HAVE to cut? Or can AP tune bypass that? (as with the boost spikes on the MAP) I don't know how it all works, but what happens if MAF is maxed and taken beyond? Obviously on the MAP limits it just "doesn't read it", but that wouldn't of mattered to me if I had forged internals (or my k04 was bulletproof if you get me)...but not sure what MAF maxing does...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast