User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Corksport Turbo...

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Ok fair enough, makes sense some what. Is there a way to tune to let the torque come on a bit later? I am thinking more for corksport turbo so I don't get as much wheelspin as I do at the moment. Ie, boost comes on about 3K like a freight train lol. Nicer to wheels, nicer to block.
    Being a bigger turbo, it'll do that naturally... And yes, possible to modify the tune to act like that as well
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Being a bigger turbo, it'll do that naturally... And yes, possible to modify the tune to act like that as well
    Ok I have one last query for you guys, thanks for being so helpful. I have a united fuel station near me that offers e85. Do you think this would be a good idea to go e85 on the new turbo? If so, what blend do people use as a nice safe blend to tune on? Currently I am on BP ultimate 98. Thanks

edit I see a recommendation of 15 litres per full tank of 98...
    Last edited by nas711; 01-06-2015 at 07:54 PM.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Ok I have one last query for you guys, thanks for being so helpful. I have a united fuel station near me that offers e85. Do you think this would be a good idea to go e85 on the new turbo? If so, what blend do people use as a nice safe blend to tune on? Currently I am on BP ultimate 98. Thanks

edit I see a recommendation of 15 litres per full tank of 98...
    15L in a 60L tank (assuming gen 2) sounds good
    I ran that on my old 3071 and it strikes a good balance between knock protection and still having enough fuel
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

It sounds a bit much for me if you are not tuning for it. I am running about 21 litres per 60 litre fill up and that is with a specific E30 tune.

15L in a 60L tank (assuming gen 2) sounds good
    I ran that on my old 3071 and it strikes a good balance between knock protection and still having enough fuel
    No problems with gummed up fuel lines / pump etc?

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    It sounds a bit much for me if you are not tuning for it. I am running about 21 litres per 60 litre fill up and that is with a specific E30 tune.
    Not sure I understand? Of course I am tuning for it.... I am getting a corksport turbo fitted and wondered if I should go all in and tune for e85? Maybe I forgot to say that...

Id say go for it. Big gains to be had by all accounts. Maybe get 2 maps though, so you can switch between them (like if you can't get to an e85 station).
    HPFP can gum up (mine did on e10!) but everything else should be fine. Just make sure your tuner watches out for IDC because that turbo can max the stock fueling on 98 and you will have even less headroom with eth

Doing a conservative tune based off reverse tapering recommendations. Limited torque down low rolling out to high output through high rev range. Looking still for only between 300-320fwhp...

Guming up HPFP a problem in the long term? Easy to clean etc? I don't want to kill my fuel pump as lean conditions are not ideal! How long did it take to gum up?

e85 is always easy to get.... victoria has the most united e85 by about 10:1

Mine finally gummed up when I switched back to 98 after 12 months on p100 (e10), don't know why, but I think mine was just a freak. Most others have been fine so if you keep an eye on fuel pressure occasionally, you will be fine. Super easy to clean the spill valve though, 30 mins.
    Edit: I guess the e85 offsets your evil hidden speed cameras everywhere. Ha ha
    Last edited by Lachlan; 01-06-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Nah it's so we can up the revenue from the speed cameras. More e85 = more power = more revenue. Hell, I'm sure we will see NOS over the counter soon, now that would really get the taxes flowing!

e85 would gum it up more than e10 though cos higher corn content? You running pure e10? Says on the fuel lid that shes e10 happy!

Yeah united p100 (like 98 + eth). My tuner was as surprised as I was to see the HPFP take a crap, but cleaned the spill valve and it was fixed. Others have run higher concentrations with no problem, so its not a common issue. Easy to fix too.

I've run e20 almost exclusively for the past 2.5 years... Only swapping for 98 on long trips... More so due to e85 availability than being scared of it crapping out on me...
    Never had an issue

Not sure I understand? Of course I am tuning for it.... I am getting a corksport turbo fitted and wondered if I should go all in and tune for e85? Maybe I forgot to say that...
    Hi, that was not clear from your original question whether you were "go all in" or just adding some ethanol (like 10%) to see what happened.

Have a read of this for some good information. Blog : E85 Blends in the Mazda DISI and Ford EcoBoost : Stratified Automotive Controls

The sweet spot for these motors considering the injector and HPFP limitations is around 30% ethanol. I get E30 with 21 / 39 litre ratio of E85 to P98. You will have a bit of tolerance of say +-5% on your blend, it doesn't need to be exact every time.

You need a tune that optimises for your E30. I have two tunes one for P98 and one for E30. From memory 24 extra hp at the wheels with E30.

Don't use E10 from the pump. It will have a similar octane rating to 91 octane fuel. You will get very little if any benefit from running it. I think the Gen 2's say they can run E10 on the fuel cap.

If you want to run E10 (on a petrol tune) then mix it yourself with E85 and P98. That would be 7 / 53 litres in a 60 litre fill. I think the ECU can handle up to 10% ethanol.

Do you want to add to this (or correct anything) @SarcasticOne
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune

I've run e20 almost exclusively for the past 2.5 years... Only swapping for 98 on long trips... More so due to e85 availability than being scared of it crapping out on me...
    Never had an issue
    What your e20 mix ratios in litres?

What your e20 mix ratios in litres?
    Depends on the season
    In summer, it's 14L in my gen 1, in winter it's 18L
    Cause caltex varies it's ethanol content during the year (bastards...)
    But I've learnt how many litres goes into the car at each fuel level, and can make a pretty good guess most of the time...
    Effectively it's either 1/4 or 1/3 is e-flex...

Quote Originally Posted by ozynigma View Post
    Hi, that was not clear from your original question whether you were "go all in" or just adding some ethanol (like 10%) to see what happened.

Have a read of this for some good information. Blog : E85 Blends in the Mazda DISI and Ford EcoBoost : Stratified Automotive Controls

The sweet spot for these motors considering the injector and HPFP limitations is around 30% ethanol. I get E30 with 21 / 39 litre ratio of E85 to P98. You will have a bit of tolerance of say +-5% on your blend, it doesn't need to be exact every time.

You need a tune that optimises for your E30. I have two tunes one for P98 and one for E30. From memory 24 extra hp at the wheels with E30.

Don't use E10 from the pump. It will have a similar octane rating to 91 octane fuel. You will get very little if any benefit from running it. I think the Gen 2's say they can run E10 on the fuel cap.

If you want to run E10 (on a petrol tune) then mix it yourself with E85 and P98. That would be 7 / 53 litres in a 60 litre fill. I think the ECU can handle up to 10% ethanol.

Do you want to add to this (or correct anything) @SarcasticOne
    Nah, think you've covered it...
    Should be adding e85 to 98 not getting 91 RON e10... Although, did see 94 RON e10 the other day...

Depends on the season
    In summer, it's 14L in my gen 1, in winter it's 18L
    Cause caltex varies it's ethanol content during the year (bastards...)
    But I've learnt how many litres goes into the car at each fuel level, and can make a pretty good guess most of the time...
    Effectively it's either 1/4 or 1/3 is e-flex...

Caltex? Don't they use 91 octane and eth? I am near a united which is 98 octane and eth. So less mix for me?

Caltex? Don't they use 91 octane and eth? I am near a united which is 98 octane and eth. So less mix for me?
    No, same amount of ETH... You need to tell the ECU how much ethanol is in the fuel...
    I mix 98 with e-flex, so even if the e-flex has 91 in it, it's so insignificant compared to the 98 and ethanol that it doesn't make any difference...

No, same amount of ETH... You need to tell the ECU how much ethanol is in the fuel...
    I mix 98 with e-flex, so even if the e-flex has 91 in it, it's so insignificant compared to the 98 and ethanol that it doesn't make any difference...

Ahh ok makes sense thanks. Fill it up on 98 to 3/4 of a tank (45L), and the rest e85? (15L). I wouldn't mind continuing to use BP ultimate, so that might be a bit more annoying! Fill up 3/4 on ultimate and then putt putt to united for 1/4 eth lol

Not sure the gains would be worth the bother almost thinking about the coordination of it. I don't have a caltex that has eth near me, it's all uniteds.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast