User Tag List

Thread: I know you guys like fast things...Sneek Peak

1. Default I know you guys like fast things...Sneek Peak

Not bad, now too save up lol

Hey Brandon.

Could you get away with running this turbo with your stage 2 intake along with a test pipe and upgraded TMIC? Or would a 3" intake and full downpipe be the minimum?

how will this compare with the bnrs3 and garrett equivilents. looking at a bigger turbo now....just the turbo...i dont want to go as far as forged engine

Very keen for this! The turbo is stock flanged so will work with any intake, but even the little K04 benefits lots from a 3" intake.

@kiwi from the MSF page, looks like his will outpunch the S3. Think 450hp with aux fuelling was claimed, so a bit more than a gtx2867. I.e. It will max out the fuel system before it runs out of puff.

so a nice tune from Rayd/Freek/purple drank (like the name) and my autotech hpfp + my other current mods should see me right?

Think so. Looks like it will work with everything between stock car (with HPFP, turbo and mild tune) to fully bolted, built, aux fuelled 450hp. That's what makes it so appealing

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Think so. Looks like it will work with everything between stock car (with HPFP, turbo and mild tune) to fully bolted, built, aux fuelled 450hp. That's what makes it so appealing

Everything you've said is perfect! minimum required is tune and fuel pump. This even works with a factory intake.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

10. Default

Our turbo will be ready to go in less than 3 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    Our turbo will be ready to go in less than 3 hours!
    Hi Brandon,

I have just ordered mine on your website with express shipping! I only have one question. All the guys on the mazdaspeed 3 forum (silly me) mention a 3 port boost control. Is this absolutely essential to have one or can I get away with just tuning via (maztune tune on dyno) and loading on to accessport for now until I want to build engine and take it higher. I only want about any where from 330-380hp. Says it was all plug and plug with a tune, so I figured the 3pEBS was optional for higher output.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

I can't comment if a 3 port is needed, but FYI you can tune a 3-port just the same as the oem using your tuning method of choice. It just uses WGDC (which you will have to tune regardless due to the new turbo) to send a voltage signal down the cable. Whether this is picked up by a stock or aftermarket ebcs, the ecu and tuning software doesn't care as it won't see a difference.

It's not needed... The turbo is set up to allow 3 and 2 port easily

So we can just tune with with mazedit on a dyno? Thanks for the quick reply!

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    So we can just tune with with mazedit on a dyno? Thanks for the quick reply!
    Don't see why not... As long as all the lines are connected up OK

$200 for shipping...man dat US dollar blows. This better be good lol

$200 for shipping...man dat US dollar blows. This better be good lol
    That's actually pretty good for shipping actually

19. Default

Hi Brandon,

I have just ordered mine on your website with express shipping! I only have one question. All the guys on the mazdaspeed 3 forum (silly me) mention a 3 port boost control. Is this absolutely essential to have one or can I get away with just tuning via (maztune tune on dyno) and loading on to accessport for now until I want to build engine and take it higher. I only want about any where from 330-380hp. Says it was all plug and plug with a tune, so I figured the 3pEBS was optional for higher output.

No 3 port needed will help a lot though!
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com