User Tag List

Thread: Will these Walbro HPFP's fit my mazda 6 mps?

1. Default Will these Walbro HPFP's fit my mazda 6 mps?

✪genuine Walbro GSS342 255LPH IN Tank High Pressure Fuel Pump Installation KIT | eBay

They're a lot cheaper than getting autotech HPFP internals, and with the aussie dollar being so low at the moment I don't feel like spending close to $500..

So i'm just wondering if anyone has fit these into their MPS? Will it do the job? with mods im looking to get Cobb AP, BOV, SRI, TIP, and possibly a down pipe.

Look i'm no expert, but I think this is not what you are looking for. You are looking to upgrade the cam driven fuel pump internals (which most people use autotech) to keep the fuel going from more demand due to mods, rather than the tank fuel pump which does a different job entirely. You only replace the in tank fuel pump if faulty I believe. ... Anyone else?

My advice, don't skimp on the cam driven fuel pump internals and get the autotech or replace entirely. A dodgy CDFP or weak internals will only spell failure.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Autotech Hi Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade HPFP Internals Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 ....This is not exactly what i'd called expensive. And they ship really fast!

@nas711 is right. We have 2 pumps, one in tank (low pressure, like 60psi or something) which pumps fuel to the engine and another driven by the cam (high pressure, 1600+ psi) which takes the fuel and pressurises it for injection. First one is fine. Second one can not keep up with mods and needs it's internals upgraded.

Yep, need hpfp not the lift pump

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Autotech Hi Volume Fuel Pump Upgrade HPFP Internals Mazdaspeed 3 6 MS3 MS6 ....This is not exactly what i'd called expensive. And they ship really fast!
    Send them a pm as well, will likely do a better deal
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings