User Tag List

Thread: King Springs Vs. Eibach Springs on Bilstein B8 for 6MPS

1. Default King Springs Vs. Eibach Springs on Bilstein B8 for 6MPS

Hi guys, I'm just about to do my first mod to my 6MPS. This being the shocks, springs and possibly RSB.
    Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between King Low springs and Eibach Pro Kit springs on Bilstein B8s for the 6MPS???
    I originally wanted the Eibach springs but was quoted almost half the price for the King springs.
    What I am after is to lower the car about an inch or so (so that I still have some clearance) and have better handling while trying to keep as much as the comfort as possible.
    If there is anything else you would recommend, I would be happy to hear other suggestions. Thanks.

I researched this for about 2 months, the best combo seems to be eibach and bilstein hands down, although I haven't actually installed / received, mine yet :P

Almost everyone who ran king swapped them later on for koni our eibach

Food for thought

3. Default

Thanks wsDKII. Looks like I might have to try and find some cheaper Eibach Springs then. Unless there are other opinions?

4. Default

You get what you pay for. There's a reason eibach springs are twice the price. I've never used king springs myself, but my brother and numerous friends have used them on a variety of cars. And every single one of them have either gotten better springs or upgraded to adjustable coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't a few people like @Yeldarb have some success with kings on the 3? From memory they had a higher spring rate compared to eibach and worked well with the bilstein shock's better control. Don't know how this translates to the 6 though.

7. Default

yep, i had the same decision in terms of springs. GSL rallysport suggested that the kings were better matched for the B8s, and thats what i went with. I have a gen 2 MPS3. There are a few MPS3's running B8's/Kings

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by keithyc View Post
    Hi guys, I'm just about to do my first mod to my 6MPS. This being the shocks, springs and possibly RSB.
    Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between King Low springs and Eibach Pro Kit springs on Bilstein B8s for the 6MPS???
    I originally wanted the Eibach springs but was quoted almost half the price for the King springs.
    What I am after is to lower the car about an inch or so (so that I still have some clearance) and have better handling while trying to keep as much as the comfort as possible.
    If there is anything else you would recommend, I would be happy to hear other suggestions. Thanks.
    Hi, I had the same problem when I was looking for new shock & decided to do the springs at the same time.

You can send your self insane

I settled on the Eibach & Bilstein combo, lowered the car 15mm or so (from memory) I have posted some photos here somewhere. Don't know about the King Springs, but will say you will be happy with the Eibach/ Bilstein for general road duties....( I still haven't gotten around to putting the whiteline RSB on , but now has significantly better road manners & also got rid of the problem of the outer blocks on the front tyres feathering .

Specials come out from time to time.

Paid circa $1,000 including delivery...Don't know it it was a good price or not.......The old saying Price is what you pay, value is what you get.
    Last edited by Stormtrooper; 10-05-2015 at 08:25 PM.