User Tag List

Thread: CEL P0601 on 05 MPS6 Plz Help!!

Default CEL P0601 on 05 MPS6 Plz Help!!

Hey all,

just uninstalled my AP last night and CEL came on, it was P0601-Internal control module memory check sum error ON 1 CCM. My mps6 is stock no mods whatsoever. I reflashed it and it went away only to come back on this morning, the car lost all power while i was driving home from work. I had to turn it off and on again to be able to drive again, lucky it was just around the corner. Any ideas? and what's the damage am i looking at here?

Cheers,

John

So I did some quick reading and I'm gonna say reset your ECU and see if the CEL comes back.

So I don't know how to delete that post haha. I Didn't read the post :/
    Last edited by Fi5h; 28-04-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Ok back with a real reply haha

This is a quote off another post 'The code is related to a fried PCM based off what i've seen from searching. Either the ECU or PCM is shorted. If it's false it maybe due to missing ECU data. Try reflashing before anything....otherwise its a dealer trip.'

But yeah that's what ive been reading around the place.

yea i reflashed last night and reset the ecu about an hr ago by removing the neg on batt, drove a like a granny around the block but as soon as i pulled into the drive way the car just revs up to about 2500 rpm but feels like its going to stall then CEL & traction light came on. FML!!

That's poo.

This might help, P0601 Mazda Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error OBDII Engine Light Trouble Code | Engine-Codes.com.

Other then reflashing ECU, checking harness, checking battery and changing PCM I'm not sure.

Took it to Mazda today and they confirmed that i need to replace my PCM. $3300 and it has to be ordered from Japan so its gonna take a few weeks for it to get here.

Any one wrecking a mps6 with a working PCM????

That is unlucky.

Sounds like eBay is your friend. haha

So the PCM was ok before installing the ap?

well i never a prob with the car since i bought it back in 2014 so im assuming that yea the PCM was all fine. I managed to find a PCM from a wrecker in syd for $200. Just waiting for them to courier it down to adel here. Cheers for all the inputs!!

I have recently had the same problem, did you get it sorted out. Also where is that part located(is it just the ecu or what)? Cheers

Brought it into my local Mazda dealer, they tried reloading the factory data back on a couple of times but still didnt work! took me ages to find the right ecu from a wrecker for $650!! otherwise is like over $3300 for a new PCM from Japan. Its a giant pain in the ass!! lets hope you dont need to replace the pcm.

Has any other kind of work ever been done to your car?

No work at all, complete stock.......all i did was ran it on an OTS map from Cobb

What do you mean by the right ecu? I am looking for one right now from a wrecker and obviously dont want to get the wrong thing! Eugh!

as in the ecu number has to match.....check with your dealer they should be able to tell you what it is