User Tag List

Thread: AP+HPFP+e85tune+SRI or just SRI?

1. Default AP+HPFP+e85tune+SRI or just SRI?

I picked up an AP v3 on a whim but I think i was a bit hasty. Originally i was planning on just running CS stage 2 SRI&TIP and not tuning but I talked myself into retuning to get the most out of the intake so picked up the V3. This led to the purchase of CS HPFP internals for safetys sake. Parts arrived weeks ago but nothing installed yet.
    Today i was quoted 650 for a dyno tune including revisions or I can get an e-tune for say half that.

OR I can just slap the SRI&TIP on myself and not tune. Save $650 there, sell the AP for $650 and HPFP internals $450 ~$1750 better off.
    Given my aspirations for this car are so modest i feel like its unnesesary to run a V3 w/custom tune and not very good bang for buck.
    I also feel like if i was to go the custom tune w/V3 it would be mad not to get an exhaust...which means im up for close to another 2 grand and will end up with a car that is waaaay more powerful than i need (or want in fwd platform).
    Bah hard choice

AP helps with issues of the stock tune, which will help prevent zoom zoom boom (zzb)
    Even a basic $50-75 OTS map from stratified/freek will give a massive increase in driveability...
    Also, you don't "have" to get an exhaust, a test/race pipe will give you 90% of the gains on a stock turbo

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    AP helps with issues of the stock tune, which will help prevent zoom zoom boom (zzb)
    Even a basic $50-75 OTS map from stratified/freek will give a massive increase in driveability...
    Also, you don't "have" to get an exhaust, a test/race pipe will give you 90% of the gains on a stock turbo
    vry helpful

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Forgetting the SRI/TIP for the moment you have already purchased the two best first upgrades the HPFP and AP for ECU tune.

Its not a huge job to fit the SRI/TIP, you should do this and see if you like it. The SRI will have a lot more induction noise through a pod filter than the standard intake.

$650 for a dyno tune sounds pretty good and you avoid having to do high speed logging runs on public roads, unless you have access to a private road somewhere. Just make sure the tuner knows the platform and the tool and is not learning on your car.

Deleting the second cat in the stock race pipe also gives some good gains and is cheaper again than a new race pipe.

Using the AP will also let you delete or reduce the impact of SWAS and traction control, this will make your car feel a lot more powerful and put you back in control of your throttle and wheel spin.

I second getting an OTS tune installed with your HPFP and intake and then tell us what you think of how your car performs.

HPFP is good insurance even without mods. You can always revert to stock tune and sell the slightly used AP if you don't like the performance improvement.
    CX7 - The younger, taller and sexier replacement for the MPS6 and the first car designed around the MZR DISI
    2007 CX7 2.3 DISI AWD Ice Blue | HID's | ETS TMIC | Cobb XLE BOV | CX9 20" wheels | 245/50/20 Scorpion STR's | CS HPFP | CX9 Brakes | Pedders Sports Ryders -40mm | CS Turbo | JBR 3.5" WPI | Cooling Mist WMI |Versatune