User Tag List

Thread: 07 6 MPS Checking in

1. Talking 07 6 MPS Checking in

Hey All,

Just dropping in to say hello!

I've had my mps for 7 months now and LOVING IT! Looking at starting mods very soon, looking forward to getting some advice.

Sweet MPS6's are where its at!

What mods you planning on doing?

Got any pics?

3. Default

I have just had a screen head unit put in, looks really good.

I will be getting a new set of 18" soon, thinking about lowering slightly but not sure about that yet.

I am really keen on putting in a full exhaust system, looking for a deep rumble noise but researching where abouts is the best place to get it done.

I have heaps of pictures, not sure how to post them though

4. Default

Hey OP,

What condition are your stockies in? I like my stock rims but my 6 came with a heavy case of gutter rash...

5. Default

Hey,

My stocks are in pretty good condition, however my front right has minor gutter rash half way around.

I have plasti dip on them at the moment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1429918447706.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	408.3 KB 
ID:	17347  

Hey what screen head unit did you get? Got any pics?

7. Default

Hey, I got a pioneer head unit.

I had to get a kit imported from china because the original Mazda 6 07 face cant fit a screen.

The kit I got is Mazda 6 2006-2008 99-7524B.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1429686075729[1].jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	271.2 KB 
ID:	17363  

What pioneer head unit is that, and does it work with the little screen above the vents? Also do the steering controls work? Do you have a link to the site where you got the face plate, and did you buy it separately to the head unit?

It looks good in the pic - what do you think about that face plate?

9. Default

Yep everything works, I had to buy a kit to make the screen compatible with the steering wheel controls - only $60.

The face plate looks really clean and tidy, you wouldn't tell its a different one, colour matched really well and no rough edges.

I'm not sure about the website or head unit, I had a car audio shop order it in and I bought the screen from the shop, you can pretty much choose any double din head unit you want with the kit I bought.

I got this one purely for a reverse camera and GPS (I'm a real estate agent so always using gps) however it doesn't have gps built in, you have to use the screen mirror app on your phone do so which isnt a huge deal and the phone gps is really good.

Welcome to the 6 Crew, give us a beep, in a silver 6 blue lights on the northside.

First mods I think are : Accessport v3, autotech fuel pump internals, some kind of intake (short ram and air box, as MPS already has a cold air intake that adapts nicely) and rear engine mount (I got the cobb one, but there are many nice ones). Finally, get a custom exhaust mate, I found that prefab cat backs are crazy expensive at the moment. A good COBB / CPE / Corksport dump does wonders for performance and finish it off with a custom cat back for a nicer note. I just got a magnaflow muffler, sounds like a WRX . Upgrade standard intercooler to larger top mount or front mount depending on situation (my CPE is rated for 450hp, so unless going racecar why waste money on a laggy front mount which blocks your radiator and is cop bait). Finish it all off with a custom tune or OTS maps on accessport (if a bit strapped for cash). Don't waste time on replacing bypass valve unless you have the money. I ended up with a FORGE V1, but I fell in love with the amazing ninjas under my bonnet noise.

Just my two cents, but there are many others here with great builds.
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

12. Default

Will do, think I might have seen you around once or twice