User Tag List

Thread: Gen 2 owners...what's your height?

Default Gen 2 owners...what's your height?

Hi,

Just wondering what people who are running Gen 2's are at in terms of ride height? Asking those guys who are retaining stock wheels and tires so it is the same specs as my own gen 2. i currently have my coilovers set to roughly about 11-12 cm off the ground at the lowest point (front part of chassis) without any problems.

Just wondering, what height have you set yours at from the lowest point of the car and have you had any major scrape/knock/rub issues or has it reduced daily driveability of the car significantly? I would love to go down at least 2cm to make the tire line up with the guard. At the moment there is about a 2cm gap (obviously lol).

Thoughts?

Thanks
    2010 Gen 2 - "SPOOOL" (VIC) - Fully bolted

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

Nobody? nawww

Well, I read it, but I've got a gen 1 at stock height, so won't be much use!

Some blokes who run coilovers would need to chime in but I run Eibach Pro-Kit springs and it is just high enough that my rear muffler just barely clears the wheel stoppers when reversing into a car park bay at work. Wouldn't even dream about trying to nose it in

Quote Originally Posted by GoonBong View Post
    Some blokes who run coilovers would need to chime in but I run Eibach Pro-Kit springs and it is just high enough that my rear muffler just barely clears the wheel stoppers when reversing into a car park bay at work. Wouldn't even dream about trying to nose it in
    Thanks! Do you know the space between the tire and wheel arch? Best way to understand I suppose. Any consequences of riding this low so far?

Anyone with suspension lower than 12cm at the lowest point in their chassis? Hows the experiences?

Main reason I am asking this is I am due for a coil over service (free for first 10K) and I can get them to wind them down if I need to for no cost. Don't want to wind it down a cm or two and regret it!

CORKSPORT TURBO | COBB AP3 | COBB DOWNPIPE | COBB REM | AUTOTECH HPFP | CORK SPORT 3" PS MAF INTAKE | COBB SF AB | CPE TMIC | CPE HEADERS | COBB 3 PORT EBCS | 3 BAR MAP| PEDDERS COILOVERS | DBA T4 SLOTTED ROTORS | CORKSPORT EYELIDS| FORGE V1 BPV| | MAGNAFLOW CUSTOM | VELOCITY RED | PEARL 2PAC STOCK RIMS | DUAL TUNED BY HPF ON E30

This is how the Eibach's sit in the front (1" drop) and I think for a DD it is enough
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eibach.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	17354

7. Default

kings low front, sl rear. Scrapes the front on various driveways. sits great, ride is similar to standard (horrible)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mpsfmic (1).jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	17355  

This is how the Eibach's sit in the front (1" drop) and I think for a DD it is enough

Name:	Eibach.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	89.3 KB 
ID:	17354
    Ahh mines about a cm lower... I've had no probs so far.

Name:	WP_20150405_12_52_27_Pro 1 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	190.7 KB 
ID:	17356
    Last edited by nas711; 28-04-2015 at 07:00 PM.

Looks really good and is low enough IMO. Any more and it'll just be a hassle. Dial in your suspension for function, not stance

Yeah fair enough. Springs in coilovers have finally settled and are now pretty cloudy whilst providing nice handling. Not sure actually how people have these cars completely slammed and drive it. I measured the front suspension arm on mine to be pretty much 10cm exact with no passengers. Any lower would probably not clear a regular speed bump. Very low chassis standard. Would be worried about killing sump.

Looks really good and is low enough IMO. Any more and it'll just be a hassle. Dial in your suspension for function, not stance
    Attachment 17358Attachment 17359Attachment 17360Attachment 17361Better view of both : Yeah fair enough. Springs in coilovers have finally settled and are now pretty cloudy whilst providing nice handling. Not sure actually how people have these cars completely slammed and drive it. I measured the front suspension arm on mine to be pretty much 10cm exact with no passengers. Any lower would probably not clear a regular speed bump. Very low chassis standard. Would be worried about killing sump.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wheel buddy 1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	560.6 KB 
ID:	17357  

Worst scenario is when someone chuck some rubbish on the roads and you don't see it, you will just hear a big bang underneath.. It happens to me even a tiny can of coke can damaged anything under chassis depending on you're speed.
    Last edited by rcmps; 29-04-2015 at 05:17 AM.

Here is mine. Eibach with bilstein B8 on 18" wheels. Low enough to get rid of the stock wheel gap yet 90% functional around town and still capable on nasty dirt roads, hence the mud. Can't get the damn floor jack under it anymore though!

Mine should be set to whatever height KW recommends.

15. Default

Bnppp
    Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Attachment 17358Attachment 17359Attachment 17360Attachment 17361Better view of both : Yeah fair enough. Springs in coilovers have finally settled and are now pretty cloudy whilst providing nice handling. Not sure actually how people have these cars completely slammed and drive it. I measured the front suspension arm on mine to be pretty much 10cm exact with no passengers. Any lower would probably not clear a regular speed bump. Very low chassis standard. Would be worried about killing sump.

Cheers guys, seems I am running the same as everyone else. Function over form it seems. Leave it as is.