User Tag List

Thread: First Logs, Anything i should be looking at?

1. Default First Logs, Anything i should be looking at?

Here's my first two logs, Bone stock 2005 MS6 with Stage 1 95 V234

I'm trying to learn what all this means and fix the studder issue.

Is there anything obvious from these two logs I should be looking at?

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

They are confusing as hell when you first open them, hey.

3rd gear? Are you also lifting your foot in the first log? Try to take these with your foot mashed until the redline. Also more fun that way!

There is some moderately severe KR in the second log, but it looks like you lifted your food and then put it down again, so it might just be engine noise. Can you log BATs in future as well, as it could be heat related at the end of a log. Are you running good fuel?

AFRs look ok. You could maybe do a maf cal to sort out the -8.7 LTFT, but it's not too bad.

Boost seems pretty typical for the 6 (13-14 psi). Plenty of room to ramp that up in future with a few mods and a custom tune.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

3. Default

Cheers for having a look,

Yeah confusing as hell just rows and rows of random numbers to me haha.

First was a 2nd to 3rd gear so it would show the stutter and second was a 3rd to just backing off.

Just run Z 95 as 99% of my driving is to and from work with 0 boost.

Will look into how to do the maf cal

I'll add BATs and do some more this weekend.

No worries! This might help http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16580
    I can't really help with the shift stutter other than ask if you have tried playing with different values in that table to find a magic balance?
    Yeah, I suspect when temps get high (top of your 3rd gear log I imagine) the 95 suffers a bit and you start to get KR. I got this on hot summer days with 98. A 4th gear log might be useful if you can get one.

5. Default

Yeah I think it will I normally just google acronym's if I haven't seen one before or can't remember what one is haha, there's certainly enough of them.

Not sure if I can get a 4th gear log it's a bit sketchy doing even a full 3rd gear run around where I am. Think it gets you to about the 130k+ mark

Might need to go for a decent drive out the wops or something.

So far I have only changed the shift timer table to try fix the studder but I found this:

In the latest release of ATR (Shifting Control Tables):

Set Ignition Timing Limit (Min) (Throttle Closed) and (Throttle Open) to -3.0 (Stutter Fix)
    Set all Load Based and Load/RPM Based Fuel Compensations to 1.0 (Post Shift Fueling Fix)

So will try these tables on the weekend. I think I will do a couple of new logs as it is and change maps to one with these values changed and then run a couple more to properly compare.

Sketchy is the right word. 4th gets you to about 180! But man, I was in your country last year and your roads are fun to drive even in a mini-van full of people and luggage, let alone an MPS, so shouldn't be too boring for ya!

You've already seen this I know, but ms3blackmica is suggesting setting 1-2nd gear to 0 rather than 3. Does that improve things at all?

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18722

7. Default

Yeah roads are definitely fun but way too many cops on the prowl these days specially in Auckland where I am.

Haven't had the MPS out that far yet, hit 160 a couple of times overtaking without realising though haha.

Which table are you meaning for 0 rather than 3?

Only table I have changed so far is the shift timer and I changed it to match the pic of what ms3blackmica suggested, It did help but didn't 100% eliminate it.

Ooooo yet another kiwi.... Yuss!!

My bad. I thought you meant the shift tables by this
    Quote Originally Posted by BridgedRx2 View Post
    Set Ignition Timing Limit (Min) (Throttle Closed) and (Throttle Open) to -3.0 (Stutter Fix)
    I guess try that one also and see if it helps. :s

10. Default

Yeah i'll give that a go today, fingers crossed. If not i might have to go for an e-tune but I really don't want to be putting more money into this car as its my daily and sucking up funds from my rx2 project. Saying that i bought a secondhand HTP 3" intake yesterday haha, plus the hks coilovers that are in the boot still need to go in when i can afford new wheels and a cert.

Rotary fun
    Definitely recommend a tune. I'm being tuned by @Rayd at the moment. Very happy with the tune and his insane patience! Add a HPFP, race pipe and a tune to that intake and you will see very nice gains from little work and dollars. And you can always go better fuel or e85 later for more fun.

12. Default

Yeah a couple of people have suggested a rayd tune. I might email him and see if he is able to tune out the studder as I had no luck yesterday. For now I will just put on the intake when it arrives as I need to stop spending money on it haha. Will see how long that lasts though

Ps you do know how to adjust your maf tables for the intake right?

14. Default

I haven't done it before but i've started reading how and watched a couple of vids, still not 100% on it yet but will keep researching before I give it a go.