User Tag List

Thread: Newbie from NZ

Default Newbie from NZ

Greetings folks!

New owner here. Just got my 2005 Atenza MPS last week as a fresh import straight out of the land of the rising sun! First up i'd like to say i've been lurking the forums alot of the past week or so and it's one of the best resources i've found so far not to mention the workshop manuals etc. Well worth the VIP donation

Anywho i've got a few pics here from when I bought the car, still waiting for some decent whether so I can give her a cut and polish and take some decent photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amhvcn2y.y1a.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	17332Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pstgdqc0.eme.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	17333

Only really one mod so far which was replacing the japanese aftermarket stereo/navigation system with a pioneer deh-6750bt. Still running the stock? speakers and front tweeters + the amp i found behind the dash which i'm not sure is factory or not!

Only one real issue so far which is a bit of a hesitant cold start. I've done some reading and am going to have a blast at the EGR Valve this weekend and see how it's looking. That aswell as the gas bill, this thing seems to drink gas like no tomorrow. Admittedly i've been driving somewhat spiritedly but i'd still expect more than 400ks out of a $110 tank of premium gas!!

Planned mods at the moment in order:

Steering Wheel Control Interface for the buttons on the steering wheel with the aftermarket headunit
    Oil Catch Can
    Accessport

Not sure where I'll go from there only time will tell!

Well I look forward to seeing ya'll round as I continue to lurk more. Holla at me kiwis, keen for a meet sometime Based in Tauranga

50-55L for 400k sounds about right for a 6 with spirited driving... More so on stock tune, but ouch at your gas prices!

Stay out of boost and you'll get better millage a tune might help... Will stop it going pig rich up top, but you'll likely boot it more!

Car looks good though!

YUSS!!! another kiwi with a 6...

Thanks SC. Our gas prices here in NZ are killer It's a real bummer haha. Thankfully my daily commute to work is only about 15-20 minutes so my car barely has a chance to warm up therefore I have to stay off boost. 6 Degrees this morning and the car started like a champ on the first crank so this cold starting issue seems rather sporadic lol.

So you think i'd get better fuel economy aswell as performance out of an OTS Accessport tune? I think the stock tune does run rather rich as if I leave my car idling for about 5 minutes or so you can definitely smell what I believe is unburnt gas.

Where you located @kiwi? Q: What petrol is your preference? I'm running Gull Force 10 at the mo.

5. Default

Nice buy, im in NZ aswell. I get around 100k to $20 gas with normal driving but only run 95 as most of my trips are 10 mins and out of boost. Seems the short trips really chew the gas. I was suprised on a long trip it cost me just over $40 to go to mangawhai and back which took around 1 hour 10 each way first long trip so it go punished haha.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgedRx2 View Post
    Nice buy, im in NZ aswell. I get around 100k to $20 gas with normal driving but only run 95 as most of my trips are 10 mins and out of boost. Seems the short trips really chew the gas. I was suprised on a long trip it cost me just over $40 to go to mangawhai and back which took around 1 hour 10 each way first long trip so it go punished haha.
    That would explain it because the majority of my use is short 10-15m trips, I have done 3 reasonable trips on the open road. 2 of which were the night I got the car so needless to say they weren't a good indicator of fuel economy Last trip i did to rotorua which was 50m each way cost me about $30 for 130 odd kms. How you finding the accessport @BridgedRx2?

i only run Bp 98 as its the most common in all the spots i visit here, im up in silverdale (Auckland) area so alot of wide open runs when theres no traffic.

8. Default

Yeah accessport is all good. Still learning how to use it properly. Was mainly hoping to fix the studder issue but haven't managed to yet. Gonna try another couple of things on the weekend. Quite like having all the vitals right there on display without having 50 gauges up the pillar.

Good stuff mate, yeah i'm planning on getting one soon enough. Just gotta save up the funds lol. I can see this car eating some money that's for sure. Went out to a meet last night here in tauranga, mostly your typical boy racer shitboxes however I did talk to one guy with a MS Axela. He had nothing but good things to say about it!

10. Default

Nice car man, pretty much exactly the same as mine which just purchased. Did you remove the mazda badge from the grill?