User Tag List

Thread: potential new MPS owner ... need assistance

1. Default potential new MPS owner ... need assistance

Hey there guys

Currently driving a slightly modded HSV VXR... about 166,000km on the clock I want to sell it and I am looking at a 2007-2008 MPS 3.

Questions - has anyone on here owned a VXR and can tell me similarities/differences between the two?

Also.... any rough estimates about costs for getting the car from 190kW to about 220

Thanks guys

At the wheels or at the engine?
    Test pipe, intake, access port (or VersaTune) hpfp internals, e85, rear engine mount, $2k, done...

Don't know much about the vxr, know the mps comes with a proper LSD though... Also makes a lot more torque...
    Guess @mickos or @Reedy might be best people to ask, they're friends and have a vxr and 2010 mps respectively...

Mick was tossing up between the 2 but went with the vxr because the Mps was too big to fit in his garage among other things.

It's personal choice really if you have had the VXR for a while , I'd take a few MPS on good test drives to compare to your car
    I still love driving the VXR ticks so many boxes

Aint that our mps's LSD not a real proper good LSD? Hence the need to upgrade for real handling?

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Aint that our mps's LSD not a real proper good LSD? Hence the need to upgrade for real handling?
    It's a pretty good LSD... But its not a "proper" LSD...

It's still miles ahead of cars like the focus ST, XR5, and non performance pack GTI...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hmm....I'm sure xr5 and non performance pack golf don't even have any LSD. But focus st.....LSD or not.....its handling seems to shit all over us....according to reviews

Quote Originally Posted by lovecolt View Post
    Hmm....I'm sure xr5 and non performance pack golf don't even have any LSD. But focus st.....LSD or not.....its handling seems to shit all over us....according to reviews
    For about 2 laps of a circuit, then their brakes catch on fire...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings