User Tag List

Thread: Rear diff oil everywhere

1. Default Rear diff oil everywhere

All righty,

Had my MPS 6 for a few months now and have replaced all the engine mounts and have the cp-e RMM doing its thing. Replaced all fluids with the recommended synthetics. Happy days for a bit....

On Thursday I noticed a knock at the rear and hard to take off in first gear. Drove straight home and had a look under the car. I have diff oil leaking from the drivers side rear drive shaft/ axle at the diff. Put the car up on ramps and got under for a decent look.

Found that my front diff mount on the rear diff had issues. The two bolts that mount the diff from the drivers side are not in good shape. One is stripped and just rotates around in the mount and the other had backed out by 20 mm. I tightened the loose one and will need to drop the diff to remove the stripped one.

Question.. would these bolts allowing the diff to flail about cause the leak from the shaft ? Or, do I have a bitch of a job ahead of me removing the drive shaft and replacing the seal ?

Thanks in advance for advice.

Mike

May of cracked the housing, def worth pulling it out for a good check.

3. Default

I hope not mate! A cracked diff will put a large crimp in my plans.

Ordered new seals and new bolts, will replace the mount bolts and the seal this weekend and report back.

Mike