User Tag List

Thread: Forge V1 BPV question

Default Forge V1 BPV question

Hey,

Can't seem to find a definitive answer from many forums regarding my situation. I have ordered a forge v1 BPV to replace stock to change up the noise (clang) and hold boost better through changes. I am running peak 21psi at WOT with a custom tune tapering usually down to 18.5 psi.

Is anyone else running close or same to my psi with a forge V1 BPV and what spring colour did you use and any shims? Everyone seems to running something different, but never post their psi level to go with.

Thanks

Run the stiffest combination before you get surge/drivability issues...

Thanks for the reply, but that sounds terrific for the turbo.....lol.... Um, so anyone actually have a Forge v1 running extra boost than stock that could tell me more accurately..... I don't wanna red spring it and find out when after driving that its screwing stuff up! Sounds like the blue spring with two shims might be the go...

I can't give a specific answer cause it's dependant on the car & tune...

It's very much trial and error to see which is best... Just increase the stiffness until it feels off... Then just stay out of boost until you can change it back

http://forgemotorsport.com/content.a...roduct=FMDVTUN
    Even forge say it's trial and error...

Edit: noticed you posted this question on MSF, brave
    Will get one of the following 2 responses:
    1) blue 2 shims
    2) something insulting
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 31-03-2015 at 06:51 PM.

No worries thanks for the info!

So I suppose, go with red and test drive and if I hear appropriate venting sound (cling clang lol) and boost holds normal I am good to go? If no venting or surging, go down to blue and work down with shims...?? I think at this boost level...yellow or green is not what I need in there to start with.

If it won't hold boost, you have a leak rather than a spring setting wrong. What you want is it to operate as fast as possible, dump the excess (and only the excess) boost, and close up.

So you start soft and work your way up, listening when you take your food off at WOT (it will flutter all the time at partial throttle, not an issue) for a nice clean vent. Go stiffer. Still clean? Stiffer still, until you hear flutter of any kind at WOT. This means you are stalling the turbo, so back off to your last good setting and have a beer.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

Haha thanks Sarcastic one, I thought i'd try my luck also with the yanks, but once again I shot myself in the foot - Blue spring/two shims and thread locked and deleted! I was surprised it wasn't "why won't you donate brah". Thanks Lachlan also! I emailed Forge and they said "yellow" as I am running on average rougly 19 psi (21 WOT). I will start on yellow and add shims if need by. Blue if still fluttering on WOT. Cheers for the advice with out the BS.

I assume you don't have to remove the BPV off the system to install springs etc. Just leave it on and tweak?

10. Default

you'll need to remove it to change springs or shims. The hardest part of the install/removal is getting that hose clamp on/off. other than that its two 10mm bolts.

Ah ok, bugger, but thanks

Hey if the BPV comes with all the springs needed, why do they sell a seperate spring kit for $16?

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nas711 View Post
    Hey if the BPV comes with all the springs needed, why do they sell a seperate spring kit for $16?
    If you bought the BPV then it comes with springs n shins. The separate spring kit is good if you lost some springs etc

Ah thanks. I haven't received it yet, screwed over by easter postal services!

Fitted it with blue spring and 1 shim. Beautiful wub wub ping on half throttle and weee kaPING! on WOT and holds boost nice between gears. Bloody louder than I thought it would be though, but ah well i'll get used to it. I boosted in the eastlink tunnel next to another car and I think they shit themselves lol