User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which colour should I pick?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satin Black

1 33.33%
  • Gloss Diamond Silver

2 66.67%

Thread: Pick My Wheel Colour!

Cool Pick My Wheel Colour!

Help me decide what colour to paint my BBS RXs! I can't decide. Options would be a satin black with a gold & black centrecap or diamond silver with a silver & black centrecap.

Heres a comparison

Last edited by Skeet; 27-03-2015 at 09:10 AM.

Fluro! Seriously though, the silver looks much better. Since they aren't very concave, the gold just looks kind of flat IMO. I think it was @Caffeine Fiend who had some rx8 rims powder-coated in a gunmetal silver which looked great.

Yeah the black is a little... ghetto. Haha.

Here we go. Wasn't gunmetal but 'shadow chrome' http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showpost.php?p=217376

That looks really nice but I think I'd rather go with something lighter such as the attached. Though I think this effect may be difficult to achieve. What do you think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBS RX209.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	17283
    2005 Mazda 6 MPS NZ New in Graphite Silver with Full Leather Interior
    Jamex Super Low Springs
    | BBS RX-239 18x8 40p | Bose/JVC Bluetooth Unit Piggyback

Presumably you could just powder coat or paint it in a silver and maybe vary the clear coat to get it glossy or flat?

I think the way caffeine fiend did it you start with a darker base and add as many coats of silver as you like to get the right shade, but still keeping the 'depth' of colour.

I think I'd get mine professionally done as I don't trust myself with a spraygun haha. I'll see what my painter recommends.

8. Default

Silver