User Tag List

Thread: Just Purchased 2nd hand MPS Gen 2 - Questions On HPFP Accessport

1. Default Just Purchased 2nd hand MPS Gen 2 - Questions On HPFP Accessport

Hey Guys,

I have finally gone from my good old S15 silvia to a 2010 MPS3 and loving it.. i have been searching the threads regarding accessport upgrades though have a couple questions for you experienced mazda owners

1) is there a way to tell if the vehicle has had a aftermarket HPFP installed either by looking or using the accessport - not sure where to look
    2) vehicle has a huge dump pipe and missing a center cat (not sure what brand) - what accessport map would you recomend?

sorry if i have asked these questions in the wrong area or if it has already been asked..

PS: live in sydney...happy to meet up with someone if they have the time to have a look

2. Default

The HPFP can come in a variety of ways, it could be a CP-E full HPFP, or it could be just the HPFP internals (such as the autotech's). Unsure if you can visually tell the difference between a CP-E and a stock HPFP, but there's no way of knowing what internals are being used unless you pull the HPFP apart.

There are a few vendors that sell a one piece Upper dump pipe and mid pipe (corksport and CP-E), but have a look at the accessport map notes for the best map for your mods (https://cobb.app.box.com/mazdaspeed-map-notes)

In the past OTS tunes stage 1 were for cars without an upgraded HPFP and stage 2 with an upgraded HPFP. If you ran a stage 2 map without a HPFP you would see the fuel pressure go below 1600psi on WOT, which is dangerous as its a recipe for engine zoom zoom boom.

3. Default

thanks for the quick reply, if i run a stage 1 map and run a WOT test and the fuel presure stays above 1600psi would that be safe enough to assume the pump has been upgraded. also will the car run ok on a a stage 1 map even though it states stock Downpipe and this car has a larger one? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doms15 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply, if i run a stage 1 map and run a WOT test and the fuel presure stays above 1600psi would that be safe enough to assume the pump has been upgraded. also will the car run ok on a a stage 1 map even though it states stock Downpipe and this car has a larger one? thanks
    Nope, that's not enough to be able to tell...
    Stage 1 means lower boost targets, which means less air (and therefore fuel) which means the hpfp is likely still able to cope...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

5. Default

would running a stage 2 map once to complete a WOT help

No. It might run ok first, then you get to winter and your rods go walkabout.

It's really not hard to pull the pump and check. There are lots I threads on it and people who can give advice.

7. Default

thanks for the replies guys appreciate it.. i flashed the stage 1 98 v234 map last night and WOW!!! cant believe the change.. im pretty satisfied with the stage 1 map.. i attempted to run a WOT test and all that it did was save 3 files named error log instead of the WOT runs.. i will try again and upload it for some additional advice from the experts out there...thanks again guys for the help and guidance..

PS: had a watch of a video regaridng removing the HPFP..unfortuantly looks a bit to difficult for me so will stick with stage 1 map for now.

The videos look complicated, but if you have the tools ready and give yourself a full day (so you don't rush) you can do the whole job in a few hours without a problem. I did it in my garage just using the videos with like 0 former knowledge.

Oh, and if you can't save logs, check they you have the AP firmware updated and whatnot. Maybe even redownload the tune, as it should save no problems.

9. Default

Just found out that the car has a hpfp installed
    so now to find a sri, after a lot of reading I think I have decided to go with a jbr intake so I can utilise their ots ap maps...if anyone is selling theirs let me know..damn Aussie dollar is killing me..

Ps: the Cobb website now labels their maps as stage 1 and stage 1+.. would I be correct in assuming 1+ is equivalent to stage 2
    Last edited by doms15; 17-03-2015 at 09:54 PM.

10. Default

Just found out that the car has a hpfp installed
    so now to find a sri, after a lot of reading I think I have decided to go with a jbr intake so I can utilise their ots ap maps...if anyone is selling theirs let me know..damn Aussie dollar is killing me..

Ps: the Cobb website now labels their maps as stage 1 and stage 1+.. would I be correct in assuming 1+ is equivalent to stage 2
    They have a stage 2 and stage 3, based on their intakes, it's on their website

11. Default

i just noticed the second section which is based on their intakes..sorry
    im assuming you could run their OTS with any other equiv SRI ie: CP-E, JBR etc etc

12. Default

i just noticed the second section which is based on their intakes..sorry
    im assuming you could run their OTS with any other equiv SRI ie: CP-E, JBR etc etc
    you'd have to do a MAF calibration to suit your own intake