Ladies and Gents,

I have a BK 3MPS with the following mods:

- CPe Downpipe
    - ECUTek CPU
    - CPe gearbox and engine mounts
    - BNR turbo - hi-flow replacement, still running 16psi
    - Suspension mods - koni's, kings, bars etc
    - Dyno'd at 211kW, 426nM ATW

Foolishly (?) I accepted a challenge to race a good mate of mine at WSID. He's got a GF WRX with an STi EJ205 and supporting mods, pushing 189kW ATW. I probably shot my mouth in whilst I was throwing beers down and wasn't thinking, but anyway it's locked in.

Question is this; how the hell do I get this thing to launch? I've done a bit of circuit racing, never been down the 1/4. I'm stumped as to how I can get through 1st and 2nd without vapourising the tires or indeed the clutch. It will also spin up in third on the right (wrong) surface.

The other problem is the short gearing. He can spin the 'rex out to 7k rpm and still have forward motion on a 5spd box. I've got not much above 5500rpm and probably need to get into 4th over the 1/4.

Apart from tyre pressures or calling in sick, any tips here?

Cheers - Mike

Good tires... Drag slicks will let you put all that power down, failing that, good semi slicks in low 20psi...
    Failing that, self control in 1st and 2nd...

You have 211kw, set of Michellin PS3s or Hankook Rs3's will hook like a beast, if you are still on stock dunlops they are useless. The WRX will still get you to half track but you should walk past him without much problem after that, shift gear when tacho reaches 6000rpm, our tachos are out and that will actually be around 5700rpm.

4. Default

I'm running Toyo Proxes 3 all around. Whats the best tyre pressure to have them set at?

Around 25psi, does it spin much on the street?..When i was around 225kw with Michelin ps3s had to be light on the throttle in 1st but 2nd had no problems.