User Tag List

Thread: Clutch replacement, recommendations on how to?

1. Default Clutch replacement, recommendations on how to?

Hi all,

ok, I'm having a bad run with my MPS6. But I do love it and see each of these hurdles as an opportunity to improve it. The latest is my clutch has died. I've read of the prices to get done and am amazed at what Mazda will charge.

I'm not shy of mechanical work and I have read through a couple of threads of how much work is involved.

So, I am going to have a go my self. While I'm at it, I'll replace the shifter cable and engine mounts and the DP.

My question is, does anyone have a recommendation on flywheel, pressure plate clutch combo and any links to ways to do it.

If there is an easier option than dropping the k-frame and gearbox I'd love to hear it.

I will also document and photograph what I donwhen I do it in the next few weeks (or whenever I can my hands on the parts).

Thanks in advance!

Don't replace the cable for no reason, dash out to make that happen.

3. Default

Thanks for the tip mps2nv!

i think I saw you near Cranbourne last Friday when during to work!

ive ordered a Fidanza Flywheel and OEM clutch kit from Edge today. Also got a quote from HPF in Dandenong that was reasonable so I think I will be saving myself the heartache and get them to put it all together.

4. Default

Lovely, gearbox is out. The bearing exploded. Took out the gearbox...��

ah well. I'll have to put it in the shed and stay on the bus for awhile until I can afford a new gear box....

How did this end up going mate? My clutch has started to slip and will be going down this path at some stage in the near future. Out of interest, what did HP-F quote to change the clutch?

6. Default

I'm very curious to know as well my clutch is slipping pretty badly. I got quoted $2087 from penfold mazda to replace clutch flywheel and bearing. I wonder if they made a mistake there? However got quoted $3.5K at ringwood mazda. And $2.8K at ABS. But would like to know how much hpf charged.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

The most expensive part is the OEM flywheel. Fidanza flywheel has been proven to be a good replacement at a fraction of the cost of Mazda. Also a OEM LUK clutch kit can be found for ~$350. OEM clutch is stout and fine for most ppl needs.

8. Default

Hi there

sorry, haven't logged in for ages.

HPF quoted about $700 for their labour. Pretty good I thought!!!