User Tag List

Thread: new build with GYX3076R

Default new build with GYX3076R

As the title says but with a typo it's a GTX not GYX..dickhead i am

All work including Porting has and will be done by MPS2NV aka Mitch. After watching the way he was fussy as with Reedys build and then meeting up with him, i wouldn't waste my time going anywhere else for any type of work for our cars. he is an absolute pro and perfectionist.
    Current engine has GTX2867r...3 inch intake, Cobb FMIC, Cobb DP and Devils own meth injection etc, been good for daily around 280kw

I decided i want to shift the power band north, current engine still runs and don't want to wait for it to take a shit as the core is worth dollars.

Decided to go brand new long block. Reason, parts such as new valve train and machining is expensive to get shipped with our dollar..t

List of bits for new build.
    ATP GTX3076r IWG (the exhaust side will be taken off and raped a tad)bolted to Full race 2000 deg ceramic coated, Mani stock flange
    Manley rods and pistons
    ARP main studs, cut down to keep balance shaft
    L19 head studs
    OEM main and rod bearings
    3.5 bar Map sensor
    Autotech internals
    C/S injector seals
    Damon EGR delete and vented OCC..i already have the Speedperformance vented valve cap to help with crank case pressure
    Leaning towards JBR 3.5 silicone intake, as i need to run airbox on the street and i know it will fit with the corksport battery box and butchered airbox i currently have.
    I don't think the COBB fmic will keep up (will be for sale soon), will possibly go tr8 or precision, depending on research

PNP intake mani and head

The new long block has been in the hands MPS2NV, so while waiting for engine internals etc to arrive he been busy giving me a mighty fine head job The exhaust side had most of the intercourse done to it.
    A big thankyou to EDGE for supplying majority of the current bolt ons on the car at a great price, and new bits for the build they supplied.

It should put out around the 500whp mark with out having to screw shit loads of boost in and having lifting head problems.

So about that head job he gives, pics tell a thousand words

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finalexhaustportingthread.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	17208Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intakefinal3thread.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	17209Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust porting4thread.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	17210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	polishheadworkexhaustthread.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	17211Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaustshiny portthread.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	17212Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finalintakeportthreadintake.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	17213Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3076xmas.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	494.5 KB 
ID:	17214

MPS Gen 2 2012 - i think i have Ebola

Do you have a full 3" cat back?
    Around the 300kw mark the stock one starts becoming a restriction...

Else, on a gen 1 at least, the Cobb core was same size as tr8...

Mid pipe is stock mating to a UR axle back and have had a tune doin 305kw and stil could of taken more boost, but i like pistons remaining inside the block, , i may have to go full 3 inch if the ****er bottle necks and get some 2XS Dp lovin since the Cobb DP i have tapers down to match OEM cat back . The Cobb core for a Gen2 is shit loads smaller compared to a TR8.

Your old shopping cart Gen 1s can fit bigger coolers

Cobb for Gen Pu is around the same size as the TR6

Name:	tr6.jpg 
Views:	1272 
Size:	142.4 KB 
ID:	17215
    Last edited by shaneski; 27-02-2015 at 12:03 AM.

Well just finding out there is another Gen2 out there running near 600whp with the Cobb FMIC, looks like i will keep mine.

More pieces of the puzzle to join together arrived from Edge

Name:	enginebits.JPG 
Views:	209 
Size:	780.8 KB 
ID:	17249Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pistons.JPG 
Views:	194 
Size:	691.0 KB 
ID:	17250

This is insane!!!!!

So much for updates. Been over a year since it been running on a Freektune at 28psi boost, in that short time it's done 35000kms, driven every day for work etc, done a few cruises to Brisbane, went to Perth and back via the bottom of Australia.
    Took it to the drags just the other week with some sticky tyres on the front for an 11.7 pass with no interior taken out and a tune that gets used on the street each day. Thanks to Mitch of 2nv industries for the flawless work on the engine build and continuing support for when i take it to him for any other type of general work. Justin brasil of Freektune has also been amazing sourcing parts in his own time to send across the planet that i couldn't find here in Aus. Alan Jackson at @EdgeAutosport.com always giving the best deals on parts and shipping for us Aus guys.

Name:	11-7slip.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	633.7 KB 
ID:	17744 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jetdrag.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	81.1 KB 
ID:	17745 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jmfjet.JPG 
Views:	203 
Size:	814.7 KB 
ID:	17746
    Last edited by shaneski; 11-05-2016 at 11:00 PM.

8. Default

got a video of how the beast runs?

Keen to see a VD of the final tune?