User Tag List

Thread: 06 MPS3 from the country

Default 06 MPS3 from the country

Hi,I bought my first turbo car in May last year, a 2006 MPS 3. Two local owners, no mods and in pretty good condition. I'm from Bathurst and I've only seen two other BK MPS's and a few BL's.

Such a fun car with all the practicality I needed from a hatchback. The mods began soon after owning it however haha.

Here's some pics:

This one can attest to the practical aspect of the car. There was also 3 more coffee machines in the front and two more microwaves on the back seat.

Mods so far:
    COBB RMM
    Accessport v3. Car is on Stage 1+ 95 as I don't always have reliable access to 98 octane.
    cp-e SRI and TIP
    H&R Coilovers
    Hawk brake pads

Mods to come in the near future:
    Front mount
    HPFP
    Exhaust
    New rims. Thinking about Work CR Kiwami's, not sure what colour will match this car though? Any ideas?

Looking forward to being part of the forum.

Luke

Welcome Luke. I too love the practicality of the hatch combined with the MPS performance

3. Default

welcome! and yes the MPS is a great mix of performance and practicality

Welcome. As for color of rims, as long as its not black, you will be fine. Black rims so overused by so many....

Welcome, I too chose the MPS for practicality - I use it like a mini ute sometimes, having packed 4 x packs of insulation batts in there recently

Hi and welcome, I'm from Bathurst too, drive a blue Focus ST.
    See you around all the time, I have to laugh, i think your the only male MPS driver in bathurst! Lol

Agree on the need for new wheels, always thought because of the black rims they look strangely small.
    And yeah, the 98RON here seems a bit hit and miss.
    My focus in summer hates 98 with the cobb OTS 98 tune so I normally run it with the 95RON tune and 98RON fuel, then 98RON in winter.

Cool man, we're looking at finding some more enthusiasts to do cruises and events around the area. Maybe we could meet up sometime?
    And yes, I always wave at the other female MPS drivers and it's like I don't even exist. A red BL was parked out the front of my shop the other day, had black "MPS" decals on it. Wasn't expecting a young female nurse to hop in and drive off lol.

For the rims, I was thinking this colour:

The standard colour for the Work rims is bronze but I think that would clash with the blue. I might find a photoshop wizard who can edit the rims onto the car for me. I don't want to gamble with wheels that cost $1.5k.

@SarcasticOne will tell you all about being like you don't exist to woman MPS drivers in Bathurst!

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    @SarcasticOne will tell you all about being like you don't exist to woman MPS drivers in Bathurst!
    Yeah, don't stand in front of the silver gen 2 driven by a cute blonde... She isn't partial to stopping... All I wanted to do was say hi
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Welcome Luke!!! Love the practicality too. Had a 4 drawer tallboy in the back with the back seat down and still had room for me and my friend to sit in the front. Albeit I had to move my driver seat forward a notch.. then all the power to get that tallboy home in the hurry.