User Tag List

Thread: MY13 Mazda 3 MPS re-wiring ipod/iphone cable

1. Default MY13 Mazda 3 MPS re-wiring ipod/iphone cable

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I'm getting a MY13 3MPS this weekend and I wanted to know what the best way is to install an iphone holder to the right of the steering wheel. I believe there is an iPod plug in the centre console that is a 30pin plug. Is there an easy way for me to re-direct this cable under the steering wheel to the phone and get a converter to a lightning plug? Or can you buy a lightning cable that plugs into the back of the head unit?

Cheers,
    Nick

Er... Don't think there is an iPhone cable as standard... Might be an AUX cable but that's it...

Also, why not use bluetooth? (Guessing you want to stream music)

3. Default

Oh ok, I wasn't sure. Does the headunit have a USB connection? (I'm trying to avoid running and AUX and power cord from the phone, and just have 1). I believe there is a noticeable difference in sound between bluetooth and wired?

No difference that you will hear with the oem headunit, amp and speakers. If you want better sq, start by deadening your doors properly (best bang for buck) then look at your processing (head unit, inline processors, lots of options), then speakers and amps.

Bluetooth Audio is fine, and lets you control things using the steering wheel controls.

You will still want a cable for charging purposes. I have a cradle in the middle of my dashboard and have routed the cable neatly up to that using rubber cable cleats.

6. Default

Do you have a picture of this? I'm trying to decide between mounting it on the left or right of the steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Default

Looks good! Cheers for the info, where would I find the cable cleats?

They came with my old TomTom iPhone cradle but you could probably buy a packet of them from ebay I would think.