User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BETA Test Opportunity!

1. Default BETA Test Opportunity!

What part will this be a Beta Test For? I can't say, but we will give you the option to opt out of the beta if it isn't something you want to install in your car.

With that said, You WON'T want to miss this!

So what are the rules?

1. Post in this thread with the following info:
    Year Make and Model
    Performance Modifications Installed
    The Best Reason You can think of for why YOU should be a Tester

2. If you want to be involved please email or BrandonJ@CorkSport.com with the following info.
    Subject Line should say "I want to be a Beta Tester!"
    First and Last Name
    Username
    Phone Number or email So I don't call you at 3am.

3. We will choose Beta Testers according to our criteria, and there is a limited number, so give us a good reason to choose you!

4. If you are selected as a Beta Testers we will require you to contact us FIRST with any issues, Questions or Concerns. This will be a PRIVATE beta test, and you will be agreeing to provide us with feedback and information FIRST.

5. You cannot sell the parts without approval from us.

6. Pray that you get the beta test!

Questions?
    Last edited by brandonjATCorkSport; 07-02-2015 at 09:19 AM.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

2008 Mazda 3 mps
    3" htp, autotech hpfp, catted DP, JBR RSB, CPE stage 2 REM, self tuned...

Previously 3071 with full mounts and swapped exhaust manifold... Got a bit sick of the lag, didn't use it...

Cause I like trying new stuff, and if I can install it, anyone can

If you want to make sure anyone with a basic tool kit and no ramps/jacks can install something, I'm perfect

Edit: first time (4 years ago...) swapping a tmic took me nearly 2 hours... Fortunately have gotten better...
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 07-02-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I have done on Facebook already, If I do it here as well, will that better my chances?

I'm not seriously going to apply, but the reason I should be a tester is I own a mps6 which would mean you are still making parts for them lol!

2012 Mazda 3 MPS

Built engine which was done by myself recently
    BNR S3, Exhaust Manifold, 3" exhaust, 3" Intake, FMIC, Meth Injection, Top Mount Oil Cooler, Upgraded Suspension, 3 x Engine mounts
    I've been self tuning my car for over 2 years

I think that I would be a good choice to be chosen as a beta tester because I have the knowledge on how to install and tune for new performance parts to make the most out of them.
    I also participate in regular track days and would be able to test them to there limits.

PICK ME PICK ME

Hey guys, I have a September 2007 MPS 6

All mods are:

Engine Area:
    VVT replacement kit
    CPE HPFP
    CPE TMIC
    Corksport SRI + TIP (stage 2)
    GFB BOV
    CPE Dump Pipe (ceramic coated)
    JBR PMM + TMM
    CPE RMM

Suspension:
    Whiteline RSB
    (soon to install - Eibach Sport pro springs + Bilstien B8 shocks)

Other
    DBA T3 rotors + EBC green stuff pads
    etune by @Rayd
    a few cosmetic mods

There might be 1 or 2 things I have forgotten :P

Why should I be a BETA tester? Same reasons why anyone would want to be I guess - they love modding their cars! (especially when they are sleeper ones and can kick the asses of those Ford and Holden drivers )
    I haven't done much of the installs myself so I might need some help in that area (but im good at helping out!)......

But honestly im not sure if I would be a good BETA tester at the moment - funds are tight for now but im more than willing to help out where I can.

Also you might not have many other MPS 6s of my year around here
    wsDK_II
    Radiant Ebony Mazda MPS 6 (September-2007)
    My Ride: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/membe...-services.html
    What is stock????

7. Default

Year Make and Model: 2010 Mazda 3 - BL MPS

Performance Modifications Installed: RSB, B8s and King springs, Forge BPV, DM REM, JBR TMM, CS SRI Stage 2, CS Airbox, CS SSP, CS shifter bushings, CS Catted mid pipe, Cobb AP v2 with Stratified OTS+ map, Mainifold thermal insulating gasket, Autotech HPFP internals, DBA T3 fronts.

The Best Reason You can think of for why YOU should be a Tester: Few reasons, I've never modified cars before I got the MPS so its been a great journey of mechanical improvement and discovery thanks to excellent install guides written by CS and other Mazdaspeed/MPS vendors. I can assist with install procedure flow and tinkering as it is part of my daily 9-5 job. As others have said it'd be great to be part of a beta test to make the car better (whether that is handling, power, or style etc), but the best reason i can come up with at the moment is if you take the numerical value of my forum name allo80 (being 120) and divide it by the numerical value of brandonjATCorkSport (being 224) you get 1.867 recurring, which doesn't mean all that much tbh. But if you then divide that by the mathematical constant Pi you get 0.5974, which when inversed is within a reasonable LTFT 4% range of the golden ratio of 1.618.... It would have been good to get it closer to +/- 2% but am working on it.

That is all.

Year Make/Model: 2010 Mazda3 MPS

Performance Mods:

Cobb SRI & Airbox
    Hyperflow TMIC
    HPFP Internals
    Cobb DP
    CPE S2 REM
    KW V3 coilovers (w/ custom strut tops and other tidbits)
    Whiteline F&R swaybars
    Brake upgrades

Reason to be a tester: Original owner, daily driven with a mix of Sydney traffic and freeway driving... plus the car visits the race track regularly. Aside from that, pretty much your regular MPS owner just trying to go faster

Make and Model
    2005 MPS 6

Performance Modifications
    Corksport Intake
    Corksport TMIC
    Corksport Front Strut Brace
    HPFP Internals
    2XS BPV
    Devil's Own Meth Injection
    ECU Tune performed by HPF
    Custom 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    Corksport Rear Engine Mount
    RDA Front and Rear Dimpled Rotors
    Koni FSD Dampers

Reason to be a tester
    I'm an Engineer and my job is literally testing prototype products and providing reports on their function, build quality and usability. I also perform teardowns on the items to see how well they are built internally. I work on both mechanical and electrical equipment. I'm also a big fan of cars and very much a tinkerer.

10. Default

Year Make and Model: 2010 Gen 2 MS3
    Performance Modifications Installed:
    HPFP, cobb apv2, cx fmic, su tip+sri, ots map, jbr trilogy, king springs
    The Best Reason You can think of for why YOU should be a Tester:
    Im a tinkerer, travel 90km a day, 5 days a week in my Ms3 to work, and on weekends churn out another set of kms with my 2nd job as a videog to satisfy my need to put jam on the table for my children. I enjoy my work and my car, and i do get tinkering and itchy wanting to do something else to it. however i satisfy my short attention span and impulse by other hobbies. The amount of kms and routes i take around Melbourne, id be happy (like everybody else here) to live with the product and give an honest opinion and review of whatever it is you are testing.

11. Default

Great Keep them coming!

Benefits smaller turbos more??? Hmmm...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423862629524.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	17189

Well I'm still running my stock k04

14. Default

For y'all that didn't put an email down can you PM me that way if you are selected the engineers can contact you, as only Derrick and I have access to this forum.

Thanks!

Default BETA Test Opportunity!

Makes the stock turbo better...yeah why not
    Car: 2009 Gen 2 @100,000km

Mods:
    -custom etune, 98 octane, eth in the future
    -autotech hpfp, denso 1 step colder plugs
    -Xforce racepipe and catback exhaust
    -cp-e TMIC
    -New JBR 3" aluminium intake, in a corksport airbox
    -stratified 3-port ebcs controlling the stock turbo
    -stratified guardian angel v2 controlling a turbosmart dual port
    -Jbr boost tubes, OCC, shifter bushings, and 88 trilogy mounts
    -bilstein shocks, eibach springs, jbr camber arms, whiteline rsb and f/r endlinks, sticky tyres, wilwood 4pot brakes

Why I should be a beta tester: I like free stuff!
    Also trying to get the most out of the stock turbo and downpipe combo at a decent elevation (600m/1900 feet). Lots of spirited driving around town and regular blasts in the countryside, all at temps from -6 to 40 degrees (like 21/104f). Iv got basic tools and a bit of experience, so pretty typical of the average installer.
    Last edited by Lachlan; 15-02-2015 at 09:54 AM.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

16. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Benefits smaller turbos more??? Hmmm...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1423862629524.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	17189

Indeed
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

Quote Originally Posted by brandonjATCorkSport View Post
    Indeed
    So, how long until you contact people?

2 weeks

I have a mazda 2007 Mazda 3 mps gen 1 with relatively average km
    Mods list consists of
    Engine: corksport hpfp internals, corksport catless down pipe, fmic, gt2871r with Tial external wastegate.wastegate, Cpe catback exhaust, 3" intake.
    Suspension/ tyres: BCBR gold series coilovers and spc camber arms. Also have 235/45 semi slicks on the front for that extra good grip!
    I would love the opportunity to become a beta tester, as I am more than able to install any harware or software to the car, and am more than reliable to be able to fully test out the parts to any extent neccessary with upmost efficiency!
    Email: leisk_95@live.com.au
    Engine
    Cobb SRI, Cobb TIP, Turbo Smart Dual Port BOV, CP-E Cat Back Exhaust, Cobb AP, Sure SSP, 65 Duro CP-E RMM, Corksport Down Pipe, Corksport HPFP, HDI FMIC
    Exterior/Interior
    Black Front Lip, Black Spoiler, Tinted Fog Lights, Prosport EVO Boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauge, Bronze CR KAI 17x8.5 front 17x9 rear +35offset, Hankook Ventus semi slick 235/45, red rays lug nuts, Eonon D5151 head unit, triple gauge pod, BC BR coilovers, SPC Camber Arm

Looking forward to free stuff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast