User Tag List

Thread: Boostin!

1. Default Boostin!

[TR]
    [TD]
    Just released! The CorkSport replacement EBCS features a 3-port design that has the flexibility to control all boost control setups, such as bleed and interrupt for internal wastegates and interrupt or push-pull for external wastegates.
    Also, it is designed to fit in the OEM location or on top of the valve cover. It’s fitted with an OEM electrical connector for a plug and play installation. No soldering or crimping necessary!
    Installation is easy! Immediately feel the difference in horsepower!
    Mazdaspeed Boost Control Solenoid
    Let me know if you have any questions!
    Cheers,
    Brandon
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com

Default Boostin!

I'v just installed a 3 port (not corksport through) and it has made a massive difference to how boost is held up top by an ageing (almost 100k km) k04.

WGDC used to peg at 5500 and boost would plummet from 17.5 to 15.5psi by the redline. Stock 2 port EBCS simply couldn't bleed off enough pressure to keep the WG closed at high boost and flow. Now it comfortably holds over 18psi till the redline and doesn't hit 100% DC till >6000. This is also with a larger intake too, so the turbo is flowing more air at higher pressure with the 3 port.

In short, if you want to get the most out of your K04, a 3-port EBCS is a great idea.
    @brandonjATCorkSport 30 mins for install? Lol
    How has this performed using the stock boost source (with the built in restrictor pill) in interrupt? Would you recommend a different boost source on a k04 (like tapping the hot pipe)?
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

any tuning needed on the k04 to swap from OEM boost controler to this one? or is it a straight swap?

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    any tuning needed on the k04 to swap from OEM boost controler to this one? or is it a straight swap?
    Toons are needed...

Much toons for interrupt, some toons for bleed

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    I'v just installed a 3 port (not corksport through) and it has made a massive difference to how boost is held up top by an ageing (almost 100k km) k04.

WGDC used to peg at 5500 and boost would plummet from 17.5 to 15.5psi by the redline. Stock 2 port EBCS simply couldn't bleed off enough pressure to keep the WG closed at high boost and flow. Now it comfortably holds over 18psi till the redline and doesn't hit 100% DC till >6000. This is also with a larger intake too, so the turbo is flowing more air at higher pressure with the 3 port.

In short, if you want to get the most out of your K04, a 3-port EBCS is a great idea.
    How has this performed using the stock boost source (with the built in restrictor pill) in interrupt? Would you recommend a different boost source on a k04 (like tapping the hot pipe)?
    Just on this... I think this could partially be down to the colder weather here in Canberra at the moment

Was just looking at my logs, and noticed I'm pretty close to winter levels of boost (19.5-20psi) and maf voltage/airflow (well, was on Tuesday night) where as when it was 30+ I'd struggle to hit more than 17.5psi...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Just on this... I think this could partially be down to the colder weather here in Canberra at the moment

Was just looking at my logs, and noticed I'm pretty close to winter levels of boost (19.5-20psi) and maf voltage/airflow (well, was on Tuesday night) where as when it was 30+ I'd struggle to hit more than 17.5psi...
    Yeah' I'm enjoying it, almost as much as my skyline mate enjoys the rain

Temp does make a difference, but I can still hold much more boost @20 degrees now than I could @2 degrees on the stock ebcs. Had trouble holding boost even during winter.

Not a perfect comparison (3" intake added with ebcs and tune revised) but they show the difference-
    2 degrees stock ebcs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/17pcki6qjn...ll%29.csv?dl=0
    vs
    20 degrees 3 port: https://www.dropbox.com/s/71xyyy2u0i...2019C.csv?dl=0

Sent from my tf700t using Tapatalk
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post

Honestly, I'd have to find out for you.
    Cheers,
    Brandon Johnson
    CorkSport Mazda Performance
    (360)260-2675 ext. 106
    BrandonJ@corksport.com

CorkSport.Com