User Tag List

Thread: Pedders Coilovers

Default Pedders Coilovers

Hi,

Anyone have pedders XA xtreme coilover kit and able to talk about their experiences? I have searched and I see one person has but all it said was "I have them, they are awesome!". A few commodore people run them, but that's a totally different car in terms of weight and ride. Experiences of ride and build quality would be great and how long they have lasted. Not really concerned with high adjustments as Ill just lower it an inch or 2 and lock it up. I know they had problems with the old XA kit, but there is a revised one "XA extreme". The only reason I ask is I have a pedders about 3 minutes from my house and the kit actually looks quality. A bit pricey, but far less mucking around from me than Fulcrum (teins) to get fitted due to my location. I also have no time to fit myself (and don't trust my skills). Losing a days pay to drop it off some where in whoop whoop or being able to drop it off on my way to work was benefits.

I have no other suspension options with 80km of me (HPF fit pedders, but they charge too much and are further).

Thanks

P.S I can't get a firm answer on if coilovers are legal /RWC in VIC or not. On Vicroads docos only talks about airbags in detail. Suspension section just goes by if you drop them too low it's not legal..but not specifically pointing at coilovers as a product.

Nas, only saw this late, I've got the on my BK 3 MPs. Not bad but I'm having knocking issues in the front. Trying to find if its the struts or bushes.

Good suspension, happy with it so long as i don't have to replace the struts.

what did you do and have you got them?

I have never tried Pedder's Coilovers. but I have KW V2 and they are amazing, no knocking issues, great ride and performance. My recommendation. And very easy to install oneself.

Hi adz35

I've been looking at suspension upgrades and was wondering if you can give a bit of a comparison of the KW's vs the eibachs/bilsteins vs standard.

Glad to hear you like the KWs, they've been on the short list for a while. Just waiting for extended warranty to run out but that doesn't stop me from stocking up premptively 😉 Would you consider the V1s viable for straight up street use or the extra tunability of the K2s a better option?

Have a good one
    Cheers

I guess while I'm at it, has anyone got opinions on the following they'd like to share. I'm really after opinions vs stock if possible...

KSport AR Spec
    KW v1 or 2
    Bilstein B14 or 16

I'm not keen on lowering the car much if at all and the KSport's seem to be the only option available to allow this.

Pedders coils are windable enough to keep the car completely stock height....or dumped.

The KW's on the highest are only a little bit lower than stock (probably hardly noticeable). I originally ran Bilstein B8 with Eibach Pro-Kit then switched to KW V2.

When running the car with Bilstein/Eibach, it was a great combination, ride was comparable to stock, maybe even slightly better but I wanted the car a little lower, especially the front as the Pro-Kit still had that raked look of more wheel arch showing on the front.

When I first installed the KW V2's I set them up softer than the recommendation on the installation instructions just because of Melbourne's dodgy roads, but after a couple of weeks, stiffened it up to the recommended settings and that is where I left it. I think the ride is great, it is stiffer than the Bilstein/Eibach combo but it is still very compliant even with the car being considerably lower. I get no suspension knocking noise, just a controlled ride. Could not be happier with them!

I have had D2's and BC's in the past and these are just at another complete level. When making changes, it actually makes a noticeable difference, something I didn't experience with the D2's. The BC's were only slightly better than the D2's.

If I could have my time again, I would go for the KW V1's over the V2's and Bilstein/Eibach combo, as I haven't touched the rebound setting in over a year and it is setup at their recommendation.
    '06 MPS 3

'01 SP20

'04 SP23 Turbo -SOLD

Thanks adz35

I appreciate your candid opinion on the variety of set ups / choosing K1s. It's nice to hear from someone who obviously enjoys good handling and has had the chance to try the variety you have.

Have a good one
    Cheers and thanks again 😊