User Tag List

Thread: Is it worth upgrading to hpfp at 150,000km service?

Default Is it worth upgrading to hpfp at 150,000km service?

Im due to get my car the 150k service down at the rockdale mazda and they mentioned i need to get the fuel pump done. Now im not vey knowledgeable when it comes to mods but ive heard a lot about upgrading to hpfp as one of the first things to do.
    Should i get the hpfp when they do the service??

Any help would be great thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bradbaylis View Post
    Im due to get my car the 150k service down at the rockdale mazda and they mentioned i need to get the fuel pump done. Now im not vey knowledgeable when it comes to mods but ive heard a lot about upgrading to hpfp as one of the first things to do.
    Should i get the hpfp when they do the service??

Any help would be great thanks!
    Yes, get upgraded internals.
    No, don't pay Mazda to do it
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

You'll probably find that Mazda were referring to the fuel filter. It's due at the 150k service. But as @SarcasticOne said, HPFP internals are a good idea before you do any performance mods that demand more fueling. And yeah, I don't think a Mazda dealership is the place to get the HPFP internals done, they probably wouldn't be keen to pull the pump apart.
    Last edited by DD3; 24-01-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Awwk yeah after talking to them again they said it would be the fuel pump in the tank that they would be replacing, not the high pressure pump on the engine.

Im saving up for an AP v3 sometime this year, would you recommend getting the hpfp internals done before i look at upgrading the intake? Im only thinking a bout minor mods at the moment so im just trying to do some research. Cheers

Recommendation I was given is to not bother with the fuel filter replacement @ 150K - lot of $$$/labour and the filter remains clean unless rubbish fuel has been used (and assuming most MPSes have had 95 or 98 RON petrol it should be fine)