User Tag List

Thread: Where to get Cobb Accessport

1. Default Where to get Cobb Accessport

Hi all

Where is he cheapest place to to get a Cobb Accessport?

Thanks!

Edge auto sports
    Rally sport direct
    Rpm Store

3. Default

Cheers

Default Recent research Cobb AP v3

Hello all,

New member and first post...

I've recently been looking at a purchase myself and have found you're probably better to go with an Aussie supplier...

After conversion rate to US and freight from Cobb, the unit comes to approx.: $838.50 ($650 + freight * conversion rate)

You can purchase the same unit from MPSGarage for $760.00

I hope this helps

You forgot to add in the value of trustworthiness and reliability that comes with the places listed by @SarcasticOne

Not to mention that a simple PM to edge and probably the others will likely see you get an AP for considerably less than $650 USD

I gather from your response you're advising that MPSGarage may be untrustworthy? I'm not sure if the supplier is really the issue here as the product support is from Cobb. My point is directed at price you pay. From what I can work out, you'll need to get the unit for US$625 delivered to beat an Aussie supplier....

Yep, there have been endless dramas with mpsgarage, unless you can get to their shop in person to confirm stock there is no way I would purchase from them.

Edge will prob knock 10% off so that brings unit to $585 USD, shipping shouldn't be too much, if you can piggy back onto someone elses order and split shipping (or even score it for free as it wouldnt add much if anything to shipping) then even better!

Thanks for the heads up re: MPSGarage, I'll keep in mind. Any members up for a group purchase anytime soon?

there are some mps groups if you are on facebook that may interest you, and may have better luck finding people in the same state who are placing an order. Try join mps torque, and also mps owners australia I think

Quote Originally Posted by MPS00M View Post
    Hello all,

New member and first post...

I've recently been looking at a purchase myself and have found you're probably better to go with an Aussie supplier...

After conversion rate to US and freight from Cobb, the unit comes to approx.: $838.50 ($650 + freight * conversion rate)

I hope this helps
    Yeah, we've got a long negative and generally unpleasant history with that company... So, I'd never suggest anyone purchases from them...

As has been mentioned... Send a PM/email to the companies I mentioned, you might be pleasantly surprised at how good a deal they'll do
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by MPS00M View Post
    you're probably better to go with an Aussie supplier...

Don't do it! And don't expect any kind of Australian warranty or support. Anything goes wrong and they will want you to pay for them to post it back to cobb in the US!
    Oh, and welcome
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

If you're dead set on an Aussie seller you can try these guys: http://www.wolfracingproducts.com.au...-v3-p-996.html

I bought mine from them a year ago and had no problems.

Otherwise +1 to Edge Autosport. They're great to deal with and really fast shipping from the US! Send them a PM

Yup... stay away from MPSG. Not from my personal experience, when they were new to the scene, I got my CPE RMM from them and they were ok - not brilliant but ok. But since, its been downhill and sometimes downright dodgy. Edge has been great to me and straight to the point and really great customer service...

14. Default

Wow! Great feedback. The info you have all posted is fantastic.

I am thinking of purchasing an AP. I am tossing up whether it is worth me buying one though. From all reports it sounds like a great mod, even for a bone stock mps.. Is it worth having one? I have a few mods but no upgraded fuel pump, intercooler etc. I only have the cs stage 2 sri therefore can only use a few ots map maps such as stage 1, economy etc. I would probably not go to stage 2, stage 3 or do my own tuning via acesstuner software. Therefore it sounds a bit limited with what I can do. Am I looking at this the wrong way? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by haveheart View Post
    I am thinking of purchasing an AP. I am tossing up whether it is worth me buying one though. From all reports it sounds like a great mod, even for a bone stock mps.. Is it worth having one? I have a few mods but no upgraded fuel pump, intercooler etc. I only have the cs stage 2 sri therefore can only use a few ots map maps such as stage 1, economy etc. I would probably not go to stage 2, stage 3 or do my own tuning via acesstuner software. Therefore it sounds a bit limited with what I can do. Am I looking at this the wrong way? Would love to hear your thoughts.
    I'd say, yes, totally worth it...
    It might even be worth grabbing a OTS map from stratified or freek tune (can get both in a bundle to save $$$)
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

18. Default

Agree, the car wakes up with even a stage 1 tune thanks to boost restrictions being lifted

Does anyone know how an AP with an OTS tune will go with voiding warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty B View Post
    Does anyone know how an AP with an OTS tune will go with voiding warranty?
    It'll void your warranty if Mazda can prove it...
    But you can just flash back to stock and say the battery disconnected...