User Tag List

Thread: New to forum

1. Default New to forum

Hey there,

I have a 07 SP23... not an MPS, I know, but hopefully I can get a little advice/help from here (I need to change the oil). I would love an MPS! ...and a manual, but I still love my SP23. I have loved the style of the Mazda 3 hatch since they first came out and am really pleased to now own one - especially since it's pretty practical, as well as good looking and fun - the best thing for me is that tall people can be reasonably comfy in it!

I'm looking for a tool to get the filter bowl off - would anyone in Newcastle NSW area be able to lend me one or help out with a supplier for the tool, etc?

Thanks,
    All the best.

@mps2nv ?

Supercheap Auto probably have the tool. If they know your filter number they can work out the right tool.

As far as I can tell you need a 6mm allen key to drain the filter and then a generic oil filter remover to get the canister out. I like the ones with a strap (something like this http://m.supercheapauto.com.au/Produ...63-76mm/291472) over the claw ones as they are much easier to use and don't tear stuff up.

I just use a filter strap with the rubber grip from sca.

I use one similar to the strap type ones, except it takes a 1/4 inch drive. It's actually meant for a Harley! I claimed it off my old man There are the proper style cap type ones available on eBay though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk