User Tag List

Thread: low revs and slow to start, please help

1. Default low revs and slow to start, please help

Hi,
    Having a bit of weird trouble with my 06 mazda mps, sometimes it takes a few cranks to turn over at random times, also when it does the revs would be low and once or twice drop so low that the car will stall.
    Im thinking the engine might need a carbon clean and maybe some new spark plugs but if anyone has any other ideas or similar problems any help would be really appreciated
    thank you

can i second this? mine is a 06 6mps as well. my symptoms are similar with having to crank it over a cpl times more than usual but once started its fine and doesnt stall. spark plugs were changed about 20000km ago and car has just gone over 150km

Might be a battery issue, guys. I saw something like this happen before but not with the MPS. My mate's Audi A3 battery was starting to fail - but slow to crank wasn't the only issue. Occasionally, the revs would drop low especially when idling close to stalling as well.

We took out the battery and popped in a new one - the problem disappeared. Long story short, the Audi had an issue with a small part which caused the battery charging voltage to drop too low. Once that was fixed, all the above symptoms disappeared.

May not be the issue with the MPS but maybe it does. Hope that helps.

4. Default

Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely check the battery now and might even just swap it to make sure.

5. Default

I had the same with my 05 6mps aswell and just swapped the air filter out and it went away

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk