User Tag List

Thread: Suspension noise or exhaust when braking at slow speed???

Default Suspension noise or exhaust when braking at slow speed???

Hi all,

work this one out... I have added Youtube clip to try and diagnose the sound.

http://youtu.be/bnMPanP0D7Y

I have this swaying/wooshing sound coming from the rear when i apply the brakes.

Do not know where to start. Its not a clunk, thump, or rub but either sounds like metal on metal and swaying? Ive checked bolts underneath, swaybar endlinks, LCA, etc and all seem to be pretty tight.

Im stumped on this one! All help appreciated!
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

Sounds horrible. Fuel tank baffles maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan View Post
    Sounds horrible. Fuel tank baffles maybe?
    I did some research into it and I think you are right!!!

Unfortunately, I am out of warranty.... Big bummer. Out of all the 7-8 cars ive owned and most much much older, ive never had a fuel tank component fail.

In saying that, nothing on this car has failed yet either, until this.
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS
    || Accessport - Stage 1 Tuned || COBB SRI + Airbox || Koni Yellows Sports || Eibach Pro-Kit || Corksport RMM || Graphite Wheels || DBA T3 Slotted Rotors ||
    || Vinyl Wrap Rear Valance || LED kit - Plates and Parkers || Windows Visors || Custom Plates ||

it sounds like what my car was doing.

Mine went away (on the way to Mazda) but now if I do not fill up before the light goes on the fuel gauge does not read correctly.

I assume therefore an issue with the fuel tank and therefore fuel tank baffles.

My car is also a 2009 model.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    it sounds like what my car was doing.

Mine went away (on the way to Mazda) but now if I do not fill up before the light goes on the fuel gauge does not read correctly.

I assume therefore an issue with the fuel tank and therefore fuel tank baffles.

My car is also a 2009 model.
    When you say it went away. Was there anything you did that made it go away?

how long have you had the sound for?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

I did nothing. It was there for about a week.

My service was due so booked into for a service and so they could look at it.

it was there the night before, driving to Mazda the next day I could not here it. Did some hard braking trying to get to do it.

Mazda could not find any issue but then the next time I filled up the fuel gauge did not move.

So I believe it is connected. Ie it was rattling in the fuel tank but then got stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    I did nothing. It was there for about a week.

My service was due so booked into for a service and so they could look at it.

it was there the night before, driving to Mazda the next day I could not here it. Did some hard braking trying to get to do it.

Mazda could not find any issue but then the next time I filled up the fuel gauge did not move.

So I believe it is connected. Ie it was rattling in the fuel tank but then got stuck.
    How long ago was this and how many kms?
    09 Aluminium Silver MPS

Quote Originally Posted by YLDCRD View Post
    How long ago was this and how many kms?
    My issues started about November about 110,000 km's

Yep. I just hit 100k too... Luckily yours went away!