User Tag List

Thread: New member from Newcastle looking for a Gen II Mazda 3 MPS

Default New member from Newcastle looking for a Gen II Mazda 3 MPS

Hi all at OzMPS,
    My name is Lucas and im from Newcastle, NSW. Ive just joined up here to gather some information and hopefully talk to some other members as I research the Gen II Mazda 3 MPS’s that I am looking to buy. Im looking to spend between $20-25k and get a Luxury model from 2009-2011 era with under 50,000km.

I currently own a 2011 VW Golf R (my car) and also a 2010 VW Golf GTI (wifes car). The VW’s are great and both cars have been modified both cosmetically and mechanically. The R makes 211kw at all 4 wheels and goes like a little rocket. The GTI makes about 165kw at the front wheels and also goes well, but it’s not as quick as the R.

It’s time to let my beloved Golf R go, as I only do about 100km a week in it and it spends most of the time in the garage not being used. I’ve only driven it 26,000km in nearly 4 years. So with a baby on the way and house renovations about to start, im looking to step out of the R and into a MPS and pocket some cash.

The cars I am considering as a fun and practical replacement to my Golf R, are:
    - Mazda 3 MPS Gen II
    - Ford Focus XR5 (love that Volvo 5 cyl engine but not sure I would be happy with a “Ford”)
    - Subaru Liberty tuned by STI (only 300 in Aust and most of them are 100,000km+ and also $25k+ so hard to find a good one)
    - Subaru WRX tuned by STI (once again, limited production so they are scares and most have 100,000km+)

We have some Mazda’s in the family – my dad bought a Mazda 929 brand new in 1994 and had it for about 12 years, one of my brothers has a Mazda 2 Genki 2008, and another brother has a Mazda RX-8 2005 model. Prior to us buying the Golf GTI for my wife, we also had our own Mazda – a 2011 BL Mazda 3 Neo (the first of the facelift version with the rounded off front end) that we purchased new and kept for about 2.5 years.

Anyway, im sure I’ve bored everyone enough already – might speak to some of your soon. Thanks for having me.

I’ve got plenty of photos of the VW’s if anyone is interested – let me know and I can post some up. Just didn’t want to break any forum rules on my 1st post.

Welcome mate. I'm a gen I owner, however I think gen IIs represent excellent value for money at the moment. I hope you don't regret selling the R! Good luck with the MPS hunting

Post them R pics! And welcome!

Welcome, you should be able to easily get an MPS for that money with those specs.
    They are a PITA to sell, market isnt that big.

Yeah it's kind of strange how hard they seem to be to sell sometimes. That's why I think they're excellent value for money after seeing what some go for. They're underrated I reckon

Welcome

Just sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Post them R pics! And welcome!

The R looks mint!

Hey Luke how did you go finding a Gen 2?

Default New member from Newcastle looking for a Gen II Mazda 3 MPS

Thanks mate - yes it was immaculate and im now missing it a bit since the new owner picked it up about 10 days ago. It's gone to Hobart, TAS.

Quote Originally Posted by DD3 View Post
    The R looks mint!
    No luck just yet - funnily enough ive enquired about several on Carsales (via their messaging system and also calling some) and not one person has gotten back to me.....i guess people don't want to sell their cars?!?!

Ideally im looking for a low km 2011 model in Luxury spec in the silver colour or metallic red, but the red seems to be quite rare. I would also want the car to be stock, or near stock.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro300 View Post
    Hey Luke how did you go finding a Gen 2?

Ended up purchasing a brand new Mazda 3 SP25 Astina instead of an MPS on the weekend. Got the Astina for a killer price so couldn't resist it.

Metallic white manual sedan. Picking it up on Thursday.

Dan's MPS (Dan from Melb) was the only MPS i found that interested me, but in the end we decided on a new car.

12. Default

Nice I guess they are the closest thing to an Mps in the current shape. Any pics ?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSeeker View Post
    Ended up purchasing a brand new Mazda 3 SP25 Astina instead of an MPS on the weekend. Got the Astina for a killer price so couldn't resist it.

Metallic white manual sedan. Picking it up on Thursday.

Dan's MPS (Dan from Melb) was the only MPS i found that interested me, but in the end we decided on a new car.
    Ironically mine ended up in Newcastle anyway so you may still see it around lol
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

14. Default

Hi,friend!Welcome.

lg g3 s schutzhülle
    Last edited by kayus09; 29-03-2015 at 06:31 PM.