Filed under: Budget, Performance, Acura, Audi, Bentley, BMW, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Dodge, GM, Honda, Jaguar, Kia, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lexus, Lincoln, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes-Benz, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Porsche, Rolls-Royce, Subaru, Volkswagen, Volvo, Alfa Romeo, Diesel, Luxury, Fiat, Autoblog Black

I figured it would be interesting to parse the figures and quantify my year in cars in a way I'd never done before.
Christmas is only a week away. The New Year is just around the corner. As 2014 draws to a close, I'm not the only one taking stock of the year that's we're almost shut of.

Depending on who you are or what you do, the end of the year can bring to mind tax bills, school semesters or scheduling dental appointments. For me, for the last eight or nine years, at least a small part of this transitory time is occupied with recalling the cars I've driven over the preceding 12 months.

Since I started writing about and reviewing cars in 2006, I've done an uneven job of tracking every vehicle I've been in, each year. Last year I made a resolution to be better about it, and the result is a spreadsheet with model names, dates, notes and some basic facts and figures.

Armed with this basic data and a yen for year-end stories, I figured it would be interesting to parse the figures and quantify my year in cars in a way I'd never done before. The results are, well, they're a little bizarre, honestly. And I think they'll affect how I approach this gig in 2015.Continue reading A car writer's year in new vehicles [w/video]
A car writer's year in new vehicles [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:45:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...