User Tag List

Thread: Gen 1 Mazda 3 MPS

1. Default Gen 1 Mazda 3 MPS

Hey OZ MPS world,

My name is Steve from Melbourne. After previously owning a 6 speed TT Supra I was on the hunt early this yr for a more practical daily driver car with performance in mind. Spec B liberty, WRX sti, golf GTI were the usual suspects on my raider and initially didn't put much research into the MPS. Many months had passed until I finally discovered through expert reviews, youtube videos, OZ MPS forum that the Mazda 3 Mps Gen 1 was beginning to tick all the boxes for top value under 20k.

Aug 2014 I purchased my Black 2006 Mps Sports from the original mature owner in stock form with 126,000km on the clock. The car drove very well and overall was presented in great condition being 8 years old. Few imperfections to note are crack on dash around sensor and vent, front bumper scratch and bit of gutter rash, ideally would like to get them all fixed but its a matter of $$ and priorities.

About 3 weeks ago had the oils and filters done at Revzone in Ringwood who confirmed that the car was a good base for performance upgrades. In saying that I enjoy cruising through the likes of Hurstbridge, Kinglake, Kangaroo Ground, Healesvillie, Yarra Glen etc. So here we are after 4 months I've decided I want to get more out of the car and explore its true potential.
    I don't have a huge knowledge of modifying and tuning but I'm prepared to do my research and learn as much as I can in order to work on the car myself where possible before it gets too tricky. They say you gotta start somewhere so currently looking at getting myself some goodies soon starting with AP v3 and COBB SF intake with airbox and progress my way up through the stages of mods.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nov 2014 5s 279.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	17047  
    Last edited by Sweb0188; 06-12-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Thumbs up

Welcome. Car looks tidy. You are right, patience and research really pays off with this car, and the AP is an awesome start.

Welcome

5. Default

Taken the MPS through GOR yet? I reckon it would be scary as when boost kicks in mid turn

6. Default

Not as of yet but defiantly on the to do list. Bought the v3 ap on Monday and noticed the improvements with just the stage 1 map for stock set up. Can't wait to start adding mods and flashing the new maps for upgrades

Welcome! Keep an eye out for some melb meets

8. Default

Hey looking at selling v3 ap in brand new condition. I'm unable to advertise it in the buy/sell section cause haven't posted enough so if somebody could point me in the right direction that would be great.

Hey, welcome to the forum. WHy selling out the V3 AP so soon?

10. Default

keeping the ap as a potential work car fell through, have recently added cobb sf intake and rear engine mount. enjoying the benefits of both