User Tag List

Thread: coilovers V lowered springs MPS 6?

Default coilovers V lowered springs MPS 6?

Hi again all,

So my MPS 6 passed roadworthy here in Vic, I ended up getting second hand stock struts/springs of an MX-6 (same as the MPS 6 apparantly), got them put on, car handled like it was on rollerskates, so after the roadworthy put the old struts/springs back on.

Whoever put the struts and lowered springs on before I bought it has made life difficult.

Firstly, the front is so low that I have to be careful pulling up to kerbs, any driveway that isnt flat needs to be taken at an angle and as my driveway at home is steep, putting the car in the garage isnt an option.

Then, when getting a wheel alignment done yesterday, the guy says "whoever did the suspension did a crap job, all the nuts are loose!" Handy to know now seeing as I drove it back from SA after buying it.

So, I like the car being low, it handles great but its too impractical at the front.

Pedders offered me their lowered springs which are a bit higher than what I currently have but lower than standard.

They also said the best way to go would be a coilover kit as it can be adjusted to what I want.

What do you guys reckon? Either way its going to have to be my first mod as the car is too low at the front.

I run coilovers for the very reason that I can make adjustments when necessary. If you get coilovers that have a similar spring rate to stock the ride quality is really good.

The price I got mine for was about the same as a new shock and spring combo so winning allround.

A good shock and spring setup shouldn't be discounted either. Should be a fair bit cheaper and if you're not tracking your car, might be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by wsDKII View Post
    A good shock and spring setup shouldn't be discounted either. Should be a fair bit cheaper and if you're not tracking your car, might be perfect.
    Id second this. Better to get a top end component set than bottom end coilovers, unless you just want to sound cool and fiddle with knobs.

Very happy with my bilstein+eibach combo. I don't think many coilovers in the same price range (<$1500) would have even equivalent shocks, and only a high end set of like KW would be an upgrade for the track.
    Fast: RayD Tune|COBB AP|JBR|Stratified|CP-e|Xforce|Autotech|Denso|Corksport
    Turn: Bilstein|Eibach|Whiteline|JBR|Hankook RS3
    Stop: Wilwood 4pots|Custom lines|DBA T3|Remsa|TRW 600
    Rice: JL|Alpine|Focal|MiniDSP|Rota g-force|2XS|Cree|Celestial Blue FTW!

I've got some lowering springs I can part with if you are interested. Shoot me a pm