User Tag List

Thread: Revised Mazda Diff Mounts VS vibe free alternative

Default Revised Mazda Diff Mounts VS vibe free alternative

Hi folks, after changing to all new matched 215/45R18s I still having vibrations cruising at at 50-55KPH, pull e-brake one click and gone, and I have mild washboard vibration feeling under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd.
    Went to my local Mazda service center and got them to test drive/hoist check it (out of desperation more than anything).
    Their diagnosis was that the rear differential mount bushes were degraded & to blame, although by their admission upon visual inspection they seemed fine, they had had this issue before (yes in my home town!) on another 6 MPS (although the vibration was at 100kph on this one) and they had changed diff components to no effect before changing both front and back diff mounts which seemed to 90% solve the vibration.
    Quote for the mounts front and back is $635 and labor is $202.
    Parts have been ordered from Japan, so it will be weeks before they arrive and I have to make a final decision on the work.
    I have read (amongst a million posts about the diff mounts) that the Mazda diff mounts now supplied are a revised design, and are stronger/better.
    I know they are not going to be as solid as an aftermarket mount kit, but as vibration (and to some extent a touch of diff whine) is already the main issue, I would rather not have a high duro bush setup.
    In addition to this nearly every aftermarket mount/bush I've read about seems to have had failures or problem, so to me it seems there is no obvious aftermarket choice, especially for a lower duro one.
    The mounts on the car have lasted 120,000ks so far and I will not be pulling over 170kwATW, so I am sorely tempted with the revised (if they really are) Mazda offering.
    Any thoughts or advice at this stage would be most appreciated, before I spend more hard earned dosh on the car .

Smile Rear diff mounts

The rear diff mounts became soft, so much so, that there was a slight clunk after some gear changes.
    Went looking for upgrade mounts and found both C-pe front and rear mounts @

newageautoparts.com

best price found so far

Quote Originally Posted by Frobo View Post
    The rear diff mounts became soft, so much so, that there was a slight clunk after some gear changes.
    Went looking for upgrade mounts and found both C-pe front and rear mounts @

newageautoparts.com

best price found so far
    http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...d.php?t=168749
    As a FYI
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hi Folks, been away from the forum while work went crazy, I have just had the RMM and TMM changed due to a horrible gear noise under hard acceleration in 1st and 2nd, noise is fixed TMM was torn and RMM was not great either, I went for OEM mounts despite their short life expectancy for lack of vibes, and will look at getting the DSMM done soon too, as although it looks fine and has a bladder that is intact I am guessing that if the others are toast then it is probably too.
    I do still get this "The rear diff mounts became soft, so much so, that there was a slight clunk after some gear changes" happening when cold, from first to second, so I am considering doing the rear diff mount soon too, I have read so much conflicting stuff about the best choice for the RDM and after scouring the forum again for that latest report I am none the wiser, does anyone have any advice on currently available diff mounts that won't add much in the way of vibes, and might reduce the banging/clunking when cold?

So, I had the driver's side motor mount changed last week to complete the set, and the cold gear change clunk has now gone too, so I'm pretty happy overall, much less noisy all round now. I still have a slight vibration under really hard acceleration in 1st and second, and a slight resonant vibration around 55km/h especially in third, so I imagine I may solve that with new diff mounts.

just saw this post. i recently got my rear diff mounts replaced.
    the clunking i had was terrible from 1st and 2nd and this was the cause (rear diff mount)

FWIW i ended up going with the cp-e rear and turbine tech front combo. car feels ridiculously solid in the rear end now and not so spongy. its my daily driver and no issues with excessive vibes.