User Tag List

Thread: MZR DISI Cams?

1. Default MZR DISI Cams?

Hi all,

I was looking at the SP63 site at their rods and pistons when i came across this :

SPEED PERF6RMANC3 Stage 2 Camshafts For Mazda MZR-DISI - SPEED PERF6RMANC3

It's a "Stage 2 Camshafts for the Mazda MZR DISI" motor.

Looks interesting but I admit that I don't know a lot about cams, still trying to learn what all the different numbers mean and what different cams do on different cars. I've had a quick search online but a lot of the discussion seems to be on the Corksport Cams or regrinds of the stock cams. The specs for the SP63 cams are on the website.

How does that compare to the spec of the OEM cams? I've found a post on MSF that lists the specs of the OEM cams.

DISI OEM Cam Specifications - Mazdaspeed Forums

For example, I pretty much have most of the bolt ons for the engine and am looking at possibly getting a forged rebuild in the next couple of months. Would these cams be a worthwhile addition when I have the motor opened?

What do you guys think?

Cheers!

I am very much in the "The OEM cams were designed the way they are for a reason" camp.

As far as I know, unless you are going for completely apeshit big turbo power, don't screw around with cams.

Stock cams are fine to 700-800whp

4. Default

Looks like the stock cams will do for what I want to achieve, thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated!